FS: 1940's Silvertone Concert Ukulele, SOLID MAHOGANY w/ UkeCrazy Case

PedalFreak

Reaction score
SOLD!!! 1940's Silvertone Concert Ukulele, SOLID MAHOGANY w/ UkeCrazy Case

SOLD

1940's Silvertone Concert Ukulele
Solid Mahogany top, back & sides

To me it's got a classic vintage ukulele sound, that you hear on a lot of old Hawaiian recordings, not a big full sound, but bright, plinky, and vintagy(is that a word??)

Includes an UkeCrazy foam case. Ukulele plays great, nice low action, tuners hold great, condition is a 8/10 IMO. The Nut is wood, and was split. It has been reglued, and has held in place ever since :) No cracks or breaks in the uke anywhere.

$120 + $15 Shipping Paypal Only Had to add a little extra for shipping as FedEx raised their rates today.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Other photos are here: http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n200/guitarcollector8183/Silvertone Uke/

I'm looking for back issues of Fretboard Journal that I'd trade the uke for: Issues 1-4, 5, 9, 10, 15 are the one's I need for my collection.

Last edited:
Some questions about the uke that have been asked:

Yes, it is solid mahogany. You can see the top and back since the body is not bound.

The real early Harmony made ukes, I've never seen one with a typical Harmony stamp inside, usually the 50's they star being seen. These were made in Chicago.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Some questions about the uke that have been asked:

Yes, it is solid mahogany. You can see the top and back since the body is not bound.

The real early Harmony made ukes, I've never seen one with a typical Harmony stamp inside, usually the 50's they star being seen. These were made in Chicago.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

you won't get an american made solid body mahogany uke for $120 ANYWHERE ELSE. i encourage all buyers to snatch this gem up!

This is a really good price, especially considering the fact that you'd be getting it with a hard case. Recommended.

Also, I will not ship this out of the lower 48 states. The fretboard is Brazilian rosewood, paperwork is crazy for that. So Lower 48 States only, sorry to everyone else.

I'm surprised this is still out there. They go for quite a bit more then your price on eBay. I would have bought if I hadn't bought so many ukes in the last month. Someone will get a nice uke at a nice price.

hey pedalfreak, PM me if you change your mind re international shipping. I'd buy it.

Even if it is Brazilian rosewood, there will not be any questions since it is obviously made prior to CITES

Even if it is Brazilian rosewood, there will not be any questions since it is obviously made prior to CITES

Not necessarily. I work for a music store, and we ship all over the world. Know other shops that have shipped pre CITES brazilian guitars and they were confiscated. From what I've heard, is since they updated the Lacey Act it's been pretty ridiculous how they've been with different woods. I don't want to chance it.

On another note, FedEx raised their rates today. So I'm adding $15 for shipping. It's going to cost me about $25-30 for shipping fees. I need to net a certain amount, so have to add the $15. Sorry. Still a great deal for someone :D

I would like to give Props to PedalFreak for an amazing transaction with the Harmony Baritone I recently purchased here . In my 15 years of buying, selling, and shipping - his packing and care for an instrument is above and beyond what I have ever seen . Thank You & PM sent on this beauty !

Top Bottom