Quilt Maple/Bearclaw Spruce Concert

It looks very nice. One small suggestion, you may wish to consider binding at least the top if you do it again. The edge of that spruce is very soft to leave unprotected, just my two cents.

Brad

Nice uke... can you post a pic of the head? I'm working on my design elements, would love to see a clearer shot of that one. And what's your thoughts on soundhole ring vs. no soundhole ring? Obviously you went with simplicity on this one. A dark binding on the body would certainly add some great contrast but you seem to have been shooting for simplicity (pardon my redundancy).

Last edited:
"Sorry to be superficial - love the hangers" -- We made batches of 50 when I worked at the factory for the NAMM show. I made a few xtras for myself. if you look to the right you see the end of a bass guitar neck that has 2 guitars hanging from it. it's even cooler.

IMG_2040.jpg

as for binding, I like the continuity of the top and sides. my thought is if you want to protect the corners... don't bump anything with them.

Last edited:
Beautiful uke. I'm gonna make me a big surfboard with multiple hangers in the near future... soon as I can source those black tubes cheap.

Top Bottom