Wandering Boy - Clawhammer/Reso Content

I got a "malformed video id" error when I tried to watch this. You might double check the URL.

Well done. What's the story on that resonator?

Last edited:
I really like that tune - I think on this side of the pond the tune became "Cindy," or "Cindy, Cindy" - I just remember hearing "Get along home, Cindy, Cindy," to that melody tag.

John

Thanks Threads! (That's an odd name - why does everyone have such strange name on here...Oh yeah good point!) ;)

Do you mean the first tune John? I expect it's a pretty common melody - the second one is an extract of 'Liza Jane' haven't worked out the picking part yet but give me time!

Do you mean the first tune John? I expect it's a pretty common melody - the second one is an extract of 'Liza Jane' haven't worked out the picking part yet but give me time!

Yes, the first one. It was used for "Cindy, Cindy" (and no telling what else) over here.

Awesome playing Gav, really great, you look like a natural clawhammer player mate. I've had Aaron's clip on my favourites list for awhile now...best get to working it out too. Just loved your take on it mate, cheers!

Thank Jon! Your praise mean a lot :)
Would love to hear your take on it!
I can't quite get the same sound that Aaron does - there's something extra going on rhythmically. It might be that he gets an extra beat by tapping the uke with his thumbpick. I'll have to give that a try, just playing with nails at the moment.

That is terrific, Gav! Love the clawhammer! I haven't really mastered picking/clawhammer yet, tho it is on the list - the brain isn't in synch with the fingers on that style yet!! When I've sorted out the strumming, I'll give that a go on my banjo uke!! Do you have access to a really easy clawhammer TAB? THanks

WOW! Amazing job on making the uke into a resonator! That was very game of you - I haven't even go round to changing strings yet!!

Well done, keep it up!

Roberta

Thanks very much Roberta - I can't say I've mastered it yet. One day I'd like to be able to play Aaron's take on 'Old Greasy Coat' That pretty amazing. More work needed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5V4mtZ-0qg

Not really seen many tabs. There are on on ezfolk but I found Aaron tutorials on youtube to be the most help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSlmEZUtROo

This song is pretty easy once you've got the basic technique. It's mainly built around the F, Dm and C Chords.

Yikes- sounds so good! I am going to spend all hours trying to figure this out...so far I got nothing but a bunch of old banjo ukes and a really terrible sounding thump, but this video is inspiration man

Wow thanks Aaron! I must be on the right track :)
Got to say - love your work! :bowdown:

I got it into my head that you used a thumbpick sometimes but thanks for clarification - I tried one for a bit and couldn't get on with it so glad to hear it's not needed.

Keep at it TCK I reckon this is a good one to get started on - if I can do it anyone can.

Inspired to have another crack at Ol' Greasy Coat tonight now!

Last edited:
Top Bottom