Ordered another one (Kanile'a UAS content)

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
Just got of the phone with the guys at Kanile'a for a replacement 8 string uke. I could not track one down for sale used. I had to give up a slot for my Po'okela 4 string tenor to get it done but I will order that next year provided I get rid of some smaller ukes in the case.

Its a Po'okela Tenor body
8 string with upgraded support carbon Rod.
5A Mastergrade Koa Back Sides
5A BearClaw Spruce Top.
Ebony binding
Ebony fingerboard
Ebony bridge
Ebony headstock
Gold/Perloid friction pegs.
Paua Abalone double course inlay rosette
Kanile'a logo inlaid in Paua Abalone

Will look near to this.
http://kanileaukulele.com/custom_pookela_soprano.php?osCsid=ef9256793dcd8206187d411626b2616b

or this
FebCover.jpg

Nice cars and nice ukes. Thats what I want when I'm rich like you. (Although I'm not quite into the vintage car scene (don't know much about anything past the porche 996.)) But man, how many kanileas will that bring you to in all?

Don't knock the 996 as your only Porsche reference. I had a 99 that had all the exclusives options on it a while back an it was a amazing car. Not anything like the 356 in fun to drive factor but a beast at the track.

Also the Prowler is gone already, tried to pull the title into the state and found out it had been washed so back it went to the dealer, nice to have one for a month or two but I was hoping to resell as I bought it cheap.

I did get a new 5 series as a daily driver and am selling the 55 Dodge/CR-v to free up some space. I am thinking of building another kit car, (I have built/owned ~8 or so), I have a 250GTO body available at a friends yard or I might do a Daytona coupe with a 5.0 from FFR.

As for Kanile'a I have had about 7-8 now that are on the higher end. But currently I am down to two. My S.Tenor/Tenor. I have sold off rest after I figured out what I wanted Joe to build me. I needed to try a bunch of wood/bracing to get a idea on what I wanted for the keepers.

The list as it sits is. I will only have 4 when everything is said and done but they will be the best in all aspects which suits me fine.

In the Case
S.Tenor Custom
Tenor K2 (Pending Sale)

Being Built Now.
Tenor 8 String Custom

Ordered or Buy Used
Po'okela Tenor (Full Koa)
Custom Soprano.

Last edited:
Got a email from Kristan its cut and boxed out final spec as follows. I have the price pulled back but PM me if you need a need of where they are at. I should have it by the end of the year I hope.

Custom Model
Tenor 'Ukulele
8 String
Premium Select Curly Koa body
Spruce Sound board
Ebony Fret Board and Bridge
Ebony Binding on the front and back of 'ukulele
Ebony Headplate
Graphite Rod inset in neck
Double Course Paua Abalone wood inlay
Gold Friction tuners with Pearloid Buttons
Hard shell plush case

I dropped a lot of the MOP to keep the build from taking ~6-10 months.

Top Bottom