Custom MP Spruce-Koa Tenor

moe

Reaction score
I asked Mike Pereira of http://mpukuleles.com/ to build me a Spruce-Koa tenor.

Mike has been great and extremely responsive. He's been sending me frequent work-in-progress pics. It's almost done, just some final coats remaining. I can't wait to hear how it sounds.

Before stain:
mp_ukulele_wip_nostain_1_of_2.jpg

mp_ukulele_wip_nostain_2_of_2.jpg

Attachments

• mp_ukulele_wip_nostain_2_of_2.jpg
    mp_ukulele_wip_nostain_2_of_2.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 7
That is gonna be one sweet ukulele Moe :cool: Real classy looking.
I really enjoy seeing the construction steps in photos like this.
Mike just informed me that he will start building mine on Monday !
I just received the pictures of the woods that will be used.
I'll start a building log post for it.

I have an MP Spruce-Koa tenor and I love it! I'm sure you'll be very happy with yours!

Is that Maple binding? I don't know if the combo is popular but I'm getting Engleman Spruce, with Koa B/S, and Maple Bindings from Donaldson. I think as people are buying more than one uke, they are open to other types of wood!!

Ha Ha Nongdam, I have the exact same wood combination on order with B. Donaldson myself !
Great minds think alike :eek:

I have an MP Spruce-Koa tenor and I love it! I'm sure you'll be very happy with yours!
Nuprin- Your reviews and your videos were extremely helpful in making my decision. Looking forward to seeing and hearing your LFdM uke.

Coriandre, Nongdam- Based on what I've heard online, I love the sound of Sitka Spruce and Koa MP tenors. BTW, I need to ask Mike if the binding is Maple. Whatever it is, I think it looks nice. Looking forward to your Donaldson ukes.

Mds725- Thanks. I love the look of wood (both curly and non-curly) and can't wait to see it for real.

That is a sharp looking uke. I hope you enjoy it.
I just bought the mahogany tenor he had on his website, it should be here next week.

Wow, great looking uke. If it sounds as good as it looks, will be amazing!

That is a sexy beast. Been a while since we've had an MP photo shoot.

Mike is a pleasure to do business with and a really nice guy and makes awesome ukes...here is mine a madagascar rosewood and spruce concert..sounds awesome.. worth every cent..
Newaquisitions72211010.jpg

Top Bottom