does anyone know who does inlays?

Here's a thread about art work and there are a couple of links to people who do inlays. Don't know if any are in or from the Bay Area. Check it out anyway.

Dave Sigman, of Little River Ukuleles near Mendocino (north of Bay Area) does *awesome* inlays. He'll also be at the Wine Country Ukulele Festival Oct. 10-22 in St. Helena so you can see his work in person.

He was at the Northern California Ukulele Festival in Hayward and had the loveliest Big Island koa ukulele (tenor) with a hula maiden inlaid on the headstock that was the most beautiful inlay work I've seen. Not overdone, just well done. That's the one ukulele I keep kicking myself for not having bought...

The website doesn't reflect the quality of inlays he does, but you can contact him through it: http://littleriverukuleles.com/

west coast??? If our pockets are deep and dont mind waiting ....Larry Robinson......but if you need it faster and a little less shocking to your wallet email Kekani....alias Aaron who does the inlays for Koaloha....He's in hawaii but sheesh he works high in the USPS postal system he can get it to you come rain or shine , snow or hail,,,

For an exisitng ukulele:

Mike DaSilva in Berkeley might do it for you. Email or call him first. He's a super cool guy!
ukemaker.com

Mike is also very cool about other maker's ukes - he has a lot of respect for other people's work, whether it's a hand built or factory made instrument.

Peter Hurney in Berkeley also does a lot of inlay, but he is not very likely to work on a uke that is not made by him.
He is less respectful of other's work, except for a small handful of hand builders who have been around for quite awhile. I know he respects Joel Eckhaus of Earnest Instruments.
You'd need to talk to Peter to see if he'd consider working on your uke.
http://www.pohakuukulele.com/

It's a real trip to visit both Mike and Peter's workshops - very different personalities and their workshops and the tours they give will show that!
They both offer fantastic workmanship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom