Sopranissimo Ukuleles

modern day ukuleleist

Reaction score
I hope this question hasn't been asked a hundred times already (I'm sure it has). I tried using the forum search and couldn't find any threads specifically about this.

Anyway, the question I have is: Are there any other models of sopranissimo ukulele apart from the Kala Pocket Ukes?

I've heard of some other sopraninos, but no sopranissimos.

Tangi makes really small ukes.

Koaloha makes a "Noah" uke. It's only two-thirds the size of their soprano.

Try searching sopranino ukulele. For some reason this is the term associated with ukulele, rather than sopranissimo (usually saxophones). I love my Ohana sopranino.

I just saw your post. I have a Noah AND a Kala. I love both, I wrote up both yesterday in the 'Review' in the forums. Let me know if you have any questions. The Kala is great, might need the action adjusted and change the strings, otherwise a very cool, fun Uke.

In the 50s, Maccaferri's French Reed Manufacturing Company produced the tiny, plastic Ukette. The entire uke is around 13" long. If that's not "-issimo", I don't know what is.

I have the Ohana SK21 which is the Sopranino size, and I love playing it. The Ohana sounds awesome too for such a small one. I make smaller ones with a 6.5" scale & 10" total in length, but even though they can be played, that size is more of a novelty than a real viable instrument. Somewhere on the site I have a side by side comparison to mine and the Tangi. But again, not an every day uke, but cute and fun to play.

Hi Tudorp please let me know the next time you have one for sale...

Ivan

I have the Ohana SK21 which is the Sopranino size, and I love playing it. The Ohana sounds awesome too for such a small one. I make smaller ones with a 6.5" scale & 10" total in length, but even though they can be played, that size is more of a novelty than a real viable instrument. Somewhere on the site I have a side by side comparison to mine and the Tangi. But again, not an every day uke, but cute and fun to play.

I dont build during the winter months, but soon to start up again. I have a few to build from a back log, and a couple that have been pre-ordered. By that time, I hope to be in the new show and it's on from there.. I'll keep the forum posted..

Top Bottom