New custom MP tenor build log

coriandre

Reaction score
Hello,

Mike Pereira of MP ukuleles will start the build of my new tenor ukulele this week. I will post the progress on this post as I receive it.
I personnaly enjoy it very much when other people post these logs and I hope you do as well. Just wanting to share the "birth" on my new ukulele. It is a style 4 tenor Redwood-Madagascar rosewood. Here is the picture of the woods that will be used.DSCN1925.jpg

Mike's great to work with and regularly updates you with pictures of the build . Enjoy!!! Looking forward to watching your posts as well

The wood has a lot of character. I look forward to seeing your uke being created. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, have you received the MP you won on ebay? It would be great to see some pics and hear a sound sample.

The MP I won on ebay was sent directly to Mike for a lefty setup. The seller was in California so, it was best to send it straight to the builder for this. I will post when I do receive it.....cant wait !

Mike actually started on my uke yesterday and sent me pics today.......he works fast !DSCN1977.jpgDSCN1979a.jpgDSCN1981.jpgDSCN1982.jpg

+1 on above. And .... I can't wait to see the finish part on the back, will definitely need more pic for that work.

Mike is continuing his good work ! Top and back bracing, rosette and headstock inlay. I'm loving this rosette, very classy in my opinion
DSCN2000.jpgDSCN2001.jpgDSCN2003.jpgDSCN2005.jpg

That is looking great. I love the rosette too....simple yet not.
I too love these custom build threads. Hoping to start one of my own some day.

Hi Coriandre!!! Nice to see that you're going to be a MP player!!!! Ok, I see that you're coming at hte same place as me, so it would be greatt if I can meet you one day and play some uke with you so I can try your MP ukes!!!!

As you probably know, I own at least 5 MPs in my collection!!!! hahahah!!!

It would be a pleasure for me to meet you since there are not a big uke community here as you probably know.

Congrats for your new uke!

Hello Fumanshu,

I will actually have 2 MP ukuleles. Here is the other one
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/190578875327?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
This means that there will be 7 MP ukuleles in Laval. According to Mike, Laval is second to Ashland Oregan who has 8.....I think you need to buy one more to balance things :p
It would be great to meet and play one day ! You'll need to learn to play upside down if you want to try my ukes though since I am a lefty.... I am used to doing this in this right handed world and would love to try your squareneck lap tenor !

I have to say that I love the looks of Mike's ukuleles. The wood rosettes, head stocks, end grafs, bindings, fretboards, everything. They are always gorgeous. And this one is right up there at the top, along with Nuprin's. You are very lucky coriandre.

I can't believe that I haven't ordered one for myself yet. But I must be patient as I am on another wait list for a custom.

I have to say that I love the looks of Mike's ukuleles. The wood rosettes, head stocks, end grafs, bindings, fretboards, everything. They are always gorgeous. And this one is right up there at the top, along with Nuprin's. You are very lucky coriandre.

I can't believe that I haven't ordered one for myself yet. But I must be patient as I am on another wait list for a custom.
Don't be a wimp Dana. Pull that trigger! :D

Top Bottom