Guitalele of Zircote and WRC

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Rick Turner recently posted in the Luthiers Lounge where I hang out most of the time that builders should be posting their completed work here where it seems the masses all hang out. So I'm taking him up on the challenge.

This instrument is a commission and is ready to go to it's new home in Sydney. Specs are as follows;

Back and Sides - Zircote
Top - Western Red Cedar
Binding - Curly Maple
Neck - Qld. Maple
Fret Board and Bridge - Ebony
Scratch Plate - Spalted Maple
12" radius on Fret Board
Scale length - 17"
Strings - Saverez Corums
MISI Pickup
High gloss lacquer finish

Attachments

• DSC_4148.jpg
    DSC_4148.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_4141.jpg
    DSC_4141.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_4131.jpg
    DSC_4131.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_4115.jpg
    DSC_4115.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_4107.jpg
    DSC_4107.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Zircote back and sides have some wonderful figures, this one looks lovely.
Congrats on the nice work.

Great looking uke, as usual.
You have a good eye for selecting beautiful wood and create wonderful compositions of wood and design in ukes.

I hope someday to play one of your ukes.
Thanks for sharing.

I have never heard of zircote but will investigate now this looks beautiful I'd love to hear it played?

beautiful! I've become a fan of the Guitalele type instrument. What is the width at the nut? Also, I love the way you made the headstock look more Uke like, as opposed to a classical guitar look. Thanks for showing.

beautiful!

I want to add my praise for yet another beautiful instrument from Allen. All I can say is that I'm sooooo tempted every time I see one of your ukes.

Allen

beautiful! I've become a fan of the Guitalele type instrument. What is the width at the nut? Also, I love the way you made the headstock look more Uke like, as opposed to a classical guitar look. Thanks for showing.

That was a bit of a tricky one. Did a lot of research on what others were using as nut width and string spacing, but it came down to putting pencil to paper and drawing it out and trying to get the proportions right. We settled on 47.5mm at the nut and 56mm string spacing at the saddle. The client picked the head stock shape from examples of others I've done.

Top Bottom