PDA

View Full Version : Banjo Uke and some Bob Wills

TCK
10-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Tried all day to get my head around another tune to know avail, so I picked up MayBell and gave her a flogging- turns out that one song we all know is actually two!
One take wonder here- Welcome to the Dork Side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe93-5GJHac
With apologies to Tommy Duncan-at least I am a better singer than Bob Wills was (sigh)

23skidoo
10-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Nice job, Dave, the banjo sounds great.... and you gotta love the kazoo..... and don't forget the marshmallows next time you take the phrase 'campfire uke' literally.....

Hippie Dribble
10-03-2011, 05:52 PM
nice stuff Dave. Real smooth playin and great vocal bro. And the kazoo....YES!!!!!!!!!! Happy days are here again. Loved it mate, great vibe. :)

TCK
10-03-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks guys- I suppose it ain't got a lot of love, but the folks I really play for have chimed in- one of my favorite tunes right there...
How the hell did I end up a fellow who plays only old country on a ukulele? Pretty darn silly, but I am having a ball doing it :)
As for the Kazoo- well, that and a banjo uke are all a fellow needs to make his own kind of joy right?
Time to roast some mallows

Hippie Dribble
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Thanks guys- I suppose it ain't got a lot of love, but the folks I really play for have chimed in- one of my favorite tunes right there...
How the hell did I end up a fellow who plays only old country on a ukulele? Pretty darn silly, but I am having a ball doing it :)
As for the Kazoo- well, that and a banjo uke are all a fellow needs to make his own kind of joy right?
Time to roast some mallows

Amen, and amen to that!!!!

:stop:shucks Dave...what will you be playing when you get reeeeally old? :uhoh:

oh, and as for the marshmallows, I'll have some of the pink ones thanks brother...and an Irish Coffee to go with em...he he

cletus
10-04-2011, 03:29 AM
That's the good stuff, and fresh from the dork side.

Cheers!