Maui ukulele times

wconley

Reaction score
We are just finishing up three weeks on Maui which gave me lots of time to play my ukulele every day. We had sing alongs on the lanai of or ground floor condo with the neighbors and had several people join us. One couple came over and the husband was very good on acoustic guitar, had an old vintage Martin guitar and had played with some of the members of The Eagles.

The best experience was going to ukulele lessons at Keolahou church (177 N Kihei Rd on Thursday's at 7:00PM. Everyone was especially welcoming and it was a fun evening of music mixed with lessons and stories about Maui and Hawaii. if you go to Maui, leave your shoes at the door and have a good time.

We were in Maui a week or two ahead of you. We also went to the Keolahou Church on Thursday evening, what a great group of people. I had made myself a pretty koa soprano so I would have something to play there. I was talked into selling it on Wednesday, so I went to Bounty Music and bought a green Makala Dolphin so I would a uke to play.

Brad

Brad, I bought a Flea last summer for travel and something for the grandkids to play. Two days before we left I decided to take my koa Bradford soprano so you were represented the last two Thursdays at least. It's been fun to play it at sunset at the beach in front of the condo and I've gotten several comments from people about it. I'm very glad I brought it instead of the Flea.

Top Bottom