Craving Pineapple!

UkePhilly

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm really craving a nice juicy pineapple and I need your help in making my decision. I've mostly narrowed it down to the following (but I'm happy to hear any other suggestions):

Kamaka HP-1

Mya-Moe Pineapple Tradition

I currently own a KoAloha Concert (which I absolutely love). The Kamaka would help add to the K-brand collection. I've never owned a custom Uke (I'm still dreaming about a Moore-Bettah Tenor -- maybe if I can somehow get on Chuck's waiting list...). The price difference is substantial and will likely grow -- it would be hard to purchase the Mya-Moe without checking off a number of upgrades.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Friend, if your UAS at moment is a pineapple, I think you could pick up the Kamaka HP-1.
Is a classic and unique ukulele model, the most classic pineapple. The sound is great too. I bought one recently and I love the look of the koa in the Kamaka pineapple.

The Mya Moe (or Moore-Bettah) are the best option for a custom concert or tenor in the future.

Pineapple Sunday?

Yes, the Kamaka AND the Mya-Moe. And... a KoAloha longneck Pineapple & maybe a vintage Kamaka Pineapple to boot. Sounds like my dilemma. I took care of mine over time & w/the Mya-Moe on order & the Pineapple Sunday behind me in its case, now I can concentrate in learning all of the intricacies of these beautiful instruments!

For a reasonable "middle ground" check out Emil Bader's Pineapples here:

http://www.globalcreationscart.com/hawaiian-ukulele.html

Mahalo & good luck finding your "nice juicy pineapple"!

Just to help out a bit more....the David Gill pineapples are fantastic, too. ~$350

Yes, the Kamaka AND the Mya-Moe. And... a KoAloha longneck Pineapple & maybe a vintage Kamaka Pineapple to boot.
Someday... one at a time. ;)

Pineapple Sunday?
I was definitely considering the Pineapple Sunday. But my UAS would want to try out a different K-brand before purchasing another KoAloha (which, again, I absolutely love).

Just to help out a bit more....the David Gill pineapples are fantastic, too. ~$350
Haven't heard too much about these -- do you have one?

Thanks!

For me no question......Kamaka Pineapple!!!!!

I recently satisfied my pineapple cravings with a Kamaka pineapple. Mine is used (vintage?) from around 1980, and is currently in the hands of a luthier as it needed a little work, but it's a stunning instrument and I love it.

But the other one would probably be a great choice too. Have fun whichever you choose :)

Top Bottom