New Uke Day (sounds better than NUD)

Jon Moody

Reaction score
I got my Tall Grass "scratch and dent" ukulele this morning, delivered to work. After letting it acclimate for an hour or two, I opened it up and my coworker and I inspected it.

I "think" I found what might be the scratch that qualified it for the S&D status, but seriously I've seen more beaten up instruments on the sales floor at Guitar Center. The ukulele I used in the theatre pit has bigger dings and dents than this does. It looks very nice.

And I know, it's a forum faux-pas to talk about a new instrument with no pictures. I will post some tonight after dinner.

Soundwise, it is a nice, bright and sweet tone. I would say this sounds the most like a stereotypical ukulele that I have. The action seems a little high, but that is a minor issue and an easy fix.

You got me all excited that mine might be here too. Nope. Takes more time to get to the left coast I guess.

Yeah, I was excited when I found out Tall Grass was from the Chicago area, which is just a 1 day to me.

Also, I don't know if all of them will be tis way (since they did offer both models), but mine was one of the ones with a personal soundhole in the side. Definitely a better deal than initially thought.

Top Bottom