Pineapple Sunday back home.

Markr1

Reaction score
My pineapple Sunday just arrived back home to me after trading it and some money for the Collings. I didn't play it that much before letting it go but for some reason I regretted letting it go. I missed it so bad that I bought it back now I have a Collings and a Pineapple Sunday and a Sceptre but no money buttttt very happy. Thanks DK

Yeah, we're all heard of buyer's remorse, but there's also seller's remorse. Probably the reason why I still have every instrument I've ever bought (except for one that was stolen during a burglary). Just can't seem to part with them.

That tenor sax in the back of the closet that I haven't even touched in 15 years... who knows when I may want to break it out and bother the neighbors. :D

I definitely know what you mean itsme! To justify all these nice ukes I've already had to sell my Gibson Dove, Gibson ES335 and now I'm selling my 56 Gibson RB-150 on eBay just to replace the funds for all these very nice Ukes in like 3 months time. Man I've got it bad I guess as you say UAS I think are the initials you use for when you buy a lot of ukes. I've got other nice guitars and several vintage tube amps that are high dollar that I could use to buy more as there are a few more I would love to have but it does have to stop somewhere. I never thought I would sale or be selling my cool guitars to buy cool ukes but it is what it is.

Man I've got it bad I guess as you say UAS I think are the initials you use for when you buy a lot of ukes.

Yup. UAS = Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. A disease that greatly affects my bank account but makes me very happy.

Cute story~ glad you have it back!

I definitely know what you mean itsme! To justify all these nice ukes I've already had to sell my Gibson Dove, Gibson ES335 and now I'm selling my 56 Gibson RB-150 on eBay just to replace the funds for all these very nice Ukes in like 3 months time. Man I've got it bad I guess as you say UAS I think are the initials you use for when you buy a lot of ukes. I've got other nice guitars and several vintage tube amps that are high dollar that I could use to buy more as there are a few more I would love to have but it does have to stop somewhere. I never thought I would sale or be selling my cool guitars to buy cool ukes but it is what it is.

Wow you sound like me. I sold all my vintage Fender Valve amps, Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson Songbirds to fund my Ukulele adventure. I have owned 2 Sceptres, 2 Pineapple Sundays and now my ultimate love 3 off Vintage Martin Sopranos but its funny my 2nd Pineapple Sunday was 300% better than my first and I actually preferred it to my Sceptres. Now this Sunday was so nice I have sold my Sceptres and not regretted it once, i think they are very similar in sound but my Sunday is the most resonant, musical and loudest of all my ukes. They do vary alot i think. Due to my return of two Koalohas Brian personally picked me this one and it is definately special but I lost a lot of money in shipping them to and fro as live in the UK.

Aloha Mark,
So Glad to hear you got your pineapple sunday to return back home....Yes, I played quite a few of those sceptres and pinepple sundays... maybe one out of five sounds outstanding...
get the right one...try before you buy...

Last edited:
Seller's Remorse is much worse than Buyer's Remorse. You can always sell an instrument you regret buying; it's damned hard to get back an instrument you regret selling. I'm glad you got it back.

I used to own a Kentucky KM-DAWG mandolin, an accurate copy of a Monetelone Grand Artist, built with Monteleone's participation (and built by Eichi Sumi, who would later become a renowned luthier in his own right). It was just the right instrument for me, but someone offered me too much money for it and I let it go. I wish I had it back. Sumi only built 48 of them, so I doubt I'll ever see another...

That tenor sax in the back of the closet that I haven't even touched in 15 years... who knows when I may want to break it out and bother the neighbors. :D

Heh, heh. I flirted with tenor sax about a decade ago. The most I succeeded in doing was sounding like a very loud, flatulent elephant. I finally gave the sax to a college kid I knew who could actually play it. :)

John

Top Bottom