Those Clearwater electric ukes...

I don't know about the Electrics but one of the first Ukes I bought was a soprano Maple finish,with a shadow pickup for £80, and for such an entry level uke I was totally happy,both with the sound and the look and playability.

Thanks, I've seen a few other reports from people with the acoustic ones and they all seem happy with them with bodes well. But can't find a sniff about the soild bodies. Does no one own one?

Thanks! That seems to confirm that they are the same under the bonnet (that's hood to most of you lot) as an Eleuke but still unable to find an actual review - or anyone who's experienced one at all.

At some point last last year or something, Eleuke changed factories and changed their electronics.
The newer models upgraded the quality control, but also changed the internals a bit too. An easy give-away hint is whether they have the mp3-input function (the newer ones have it).

I've had both an old generation and a new generation Eleuke. The older ones sound mellower, whereas the newer ones have a lot more treble.
It *seems* that the Clearwater electric uke may be the remnant of the old generation Eleuke electronics. Especially since it doesn't have the mp3-input either.

The old generation Eleukes work fine if you got one that doesn't have quality issues. I actually prefer them and wouldn't mind getting my hands on an old generation Eleuke (or the uncommon "Kala" branded one that were produced in limited numbers. The new ones sound a bit too trebly and harsh for my liking. However, be very careful (or don't do it) about sanding down the saddle to adjust action. They are quite prone to forming imbalanced string volume problems.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's very helpful!

I think I'm going to need to go and try one in the flesh. They could be just what I need but they're not quite cheap enough to take a gamble on.

I just brought a Clearwater Vita Soprano with electrics, I haven't really tired out the electrics (my amp broke) and since I got my new amp, have only played my eleuke, but I do recommend to Clearwater brand, very well made and mine had a solid top and laminate sides, got her from Amazon.co.uk and they had high reviews as well as reviews I read from other places. Overall, I'm happy with her, and wish I could commend on the electrics to give you a better idea, but like I said, I've not have a chance, nor am I at home so I can't do a quick sound sample for you!

Top Bottom