Got one, really happy

EvilTwin

Reaction score
After a great deal of searching I found a local-ish musicians shop that not only actually had a Tenor Uke, but the very one I had been eyeing up online for a few weeks now.

20 mins later I walked out with a new Brunswick Tenor Uke, pre strung with Aquilas, ready to go, for the princely sum of 59 quid. For the price range its a mighty impressive instrument. The action and intonation's great, I find the tone pleasing and the feel of the instrument is well above one of the toy starter ukes.

For a lower end Instrument it sounds good, and the build is really good. Now I know more expensive instruments will be better, in the same way that when you compare a Toyota to a Mercedes, the Merc will always be better.

So I've been strumming away at a few chords this afternoon, trying to improve my speed of changing between chords, its slow going, but strangely therapeutic.

Way to go!!! Congratulations on your new uke!!!

Congratulations! Great feeling isn't it?

I think it was the guitar virtuoso John McLaughlin who said "music is the language of the soul". Whether its one perfect note or an entire song, your new uke will give you the means to express things that words cannot.

Aloha EvilTwin,
Congrats on the new uke. Not familiar with that brand, but if YOU like it, that's all that matters. Happy Ukeing........................BO.....................

Aloha EvilTwin :D

Welcome to UU and Congrats on the new uke! New Uke Days are the best! You'll have to post us some pictures so we can drool! I think Brunswick is a UK only brand, like my Clearwater Vita Ukulele. Nice to see another UK peep on the forums :D

Get :music:

Joey

Congrats!!

Congratulations, EvilTwin, great to hear you're enjoying your new baby :)

Welcome to the UU! Lots and lots of practice! I wish I'd made a video when I first started and tracked my progress. I try to muck around with my uke at least once a day for 20min or so, even if I'm not trying to learn something just to keep the fingers used to fretting. My brother-in-law started off a month after I did but has been so busy with work he hasn't practiced much and it shows. Practice practice practice. Have fun! :)

Gooble gobble, gooble gobble, one of us! one of us! gooble gobble, gooble gobble

Nice one, I am am six days in. Difficult to put down. (had to when wife went to bed as i was told to LOL)

Sorry about the delay in reply...

I've been practicing, and pulling together a songbook, of stuff thats easy to play, yet exposes me to a varied selection of chords in different orders. Damn its an easy thing to pickup, and a lot less daunting than the time I tried to learn guitar.

So for a few pics, Presenting the Brunswick Tenor Uke...

IMG_0876.jpgIMG_0877.jpgIMG_0878.jpgIMG_0880.jpg

The actual colour is a touch darker, less red, and the finish is more of a matt finish.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
She's a beauty. Congrats EvilTwin!

Top Bottom