Good deal for a handmade ukulele on ebay

Kevin used to have his own message board too. Great builder, nice guy, and great ukes. Wish I have the cash.

What a beautiful ukulele! Priced right out of my budget, though...

Man, that is beautiful. Wish I had the funds for something like that. I love the detailing around the sound hole.. Never seen that.. But #1 I don't. And #2 I promised myself that before I buy any more ukes, or guitars that my next one was going to be a hand built super soprano, built from scratch by myself. But jeesh, ukes like this make it hard for me to keep my personal promise.. ;)

Now now, it's just an ukulele, don't get all excited. If you've seen one custom you've seen it all. And don't anyone bid against me!

Thanks. I sold a Wm King concert to Shawn this summer, there's an open spot on the wall. I've never played a Kepasa, always liked the name, sounds like "Que' Pasa?", what's happening?. Yeah, a
What's happening uke, that'd be cool.

the more I look at that uke, the sexier it looks.

Now now, it's just an ukulele, don't get all excited. If you've seen one custom you've seen it all. And don't anyone bid against me!

Didn't you just get done "thinning the herd"?

Kevin makes a very high quality uke. I have a spruce top koa soprano of his. Very even sounding across the strings. Beautiful to the eye and ear. Aromatic woods used in the construction also give a very pleasant cedar-like smell.

I'm beginning to prefer spruce tops over koa or mahogany.

If I hadn't recently picked up a DaSilva spruce top concert, I'd be interested in this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kepasa-Middlesex-Concert-Ukulele-maple-and-spruce-/300604963612?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fd73bb1c

Last edited:
Mike, Betty and I were in Nashville saturday, dropped by the shop. I think you must have been out with your honey, or your bees, or maybe both!

I've actually played this uke recently. If I remember, it had a small scuff or two along the binding (it is used) and the action was a little higher than I generally like. Otherwise it was great...had a really nice tone. If I didn't have a custom in the works I'd be bidding now!

Well, somebody wanted it more than I did, looks like a big dealer. I'm philosophical about auctions, I don't get upset if I lose, I'm not bidding on snakebite serum, I'll live to play another day. If I win, it's yahoo, oh crap, now I better find a way to pay for it!

Top Bottom