akulele?

I was going to get one of these, but was put off bythe rounded back. I got a similar thing, made by Adrian Villanueve - it has the one piece back, sides and neck, with a flat back. It's loud, relatively heavy and solid as a rock. My guitarist son likes it the best of my ukes. For me, it's been eclipsed by the La Foley, but is my favourite for travelling around with. There's more on this one in the reviews section Enjoy your visit to the store.

There is some info about them in thisthead.

I considered getting one but wanted to play one first. I haven't made it up to philly though. I contacted the shop and he said he usually had some in stock.

pretty ugly... haha
sucks that i can't go down to stores and play ukuleles, gotta buy em 1st -.-

Aukuleles are great loud plunky ukuleles and have a very nice tone One thing to remeber is that they have a slightly wider neck and string spacing that need to ge gotten used to. When you go to see Joe Todaro who brings these in at the strore say heloo to him from MGM fior me

One thing to remeber is that they have a slightly wider neck and string spacing that need to ge gotten used to.
That's one of the reason I love them. Joe is a great guy, he is donating a Uke for me to give away at my show.
One of the cool things about the Akulele is that they are carved out of one solid piece of wood, the body, neck and head are carved straight from a solid block.
He is making a custom one for me with a heart/flame design.
If any of you are ever in the Philly area you have to check out his shop. He's got all kinds of weird stringed things from all over the world. It's awesome.

I don't know how I just stumbled on to this two-year-old thread, but this shop is literally 2 miles from where I live. I'm going this weekend. And, MGM, I'll say, "Hello!" for you.

Top Bottom