NEW! Sailor Brand Ukulele 20 Series

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Took a bit of inspiration for the head stock from the 20's Art deco period.
It features purple heart binding, abalone rosette, ebony fingerboard. solid spruce top, back and sides are solid poplar with a tiger striped maple veneer, head plate is striped maple and ebony veneer, finish high gloss and it's a concert. This one has home but we do plan on making more of these with satin and gloss varnish finish.
20-SPM HS.jpg20-SPM Front.jpg20-SPM CloseFront.jpg20-SPM Back.jpg

Gorgeous! I thought I had UAS well in check, I was wrong...

Wow! Might be my future 6 string!

So forgive me if I don't get it but are the back and sides laminate and it is a solid top uke?

Looks gorgeous and LOVE the headstock. Nice work.

Very pretty Mike. Just love the art deco headstock design.

Well yes sort of. Some lams are just a veneer atop a preswood. The core of the back and sides are poplar which tends to be quite plain looking but has acoustics much like maple so we put venner a top those parts. I'll get a demo vid up ASAP for it. They sound fantastic and are made in USA.
So forgive me if I don't get it but are the back and sides laminate and it is a solid top uke?

Looks gorgeous and LOVE the headstock. Nice work.

Thanks Uke Republic. I couldn't be more impressed with the look but wasn't sure on your wording. I have it cleared up now and looks super! What kind of price are we looking at?

That's nice, Mike! I like it!

Thanks so much for all your kind words.
We hope to offer the 20 as a package- abalone rossette , art deco headstock, ebony fingerboard and bridge along with a choice of bindings such as maple, ebony, purple heart, padauk . These would be for custom orders but we hope to have some in stock towards late 2011 and 2012 if they don't all sell on pre-sells. Gloss will still be an option with satin varnish as the standard. Gotta get the price together:) Another new Sailor may come out before years end...Sailor Blue. Stay tuned. We do have one Sailor in stock tenor MPS. Very stripey maple!

Top Bottom