New (tenor) uke day

v30

Reaction score
Picked up a mahogany tenor from MP ukulele. Its pretty plain jane actually but I guess that's why it was $450 and not closer to $1000. The packaging job he did on it for shipping was really something. The only way it would have been damaged in shipping is if the van had driven over it. Anyway, I'm fairly pleased with the uke. Here's me doing "tonight you belong to me" with it. (Big thanks to Michael Lynch for his free online tutorials)

Nothing wrong with plain Jane. It's all about the sound. Nice video and congrats on the new MP.

Uke sounds good, your playing and singing made me watch the entire vid. Nice job. So sweet!
I think Bernadette Peters and Steve Martin sang this song in the movie "The Jerk". Great little song, and nice playing!
Cheers,
Skottoman

Yeah it does sound nice. There is a nice balance across all the stings. The volume is good also, not a boomer but certainly loud enough...it takes some effort to sing over it. Also it has plenty of sustain too. The action (height) was set up perfectly and the intonation seems excellent.

Was that the one advertised on the website?

I go there and drool often, but haven't pulled the trigger on an MP yet!

Sounds great and great powerful vocal on this one :)

Chris

Was that the one advertised on the website?

I go there and drool often, but haven't pulled the trigger on an MP yet!

Sounds great and great powerful vocal on this one :)

Chris

Yes it was the plain jane mahogany for $450 (its been removed though).
Thank you.

Last edited:
That's a beautiful sounding uke! Who cares if its a bit plain? (Sometimes us "plain" gals can be a lot more fun!)

Top Bottom