Ohana CK-35G Concert Ukulele w/ Hard Case For Sale

sbpark

Reaction score
Selling my Ohana CK-35G (the 'G' stands for gloss finish). It's in wonderful condition, no damage, dings, blems, etc. Has been set up professionally, had a new vintage bone saddle made for it (the stock saddle sat loose in the bridge) and has ABSOLUTE PERFECT INTONATION up the neck. Strung with a new set of Worth Brown Mediums, which I feel compliment the solid mahogony very well. Uke Crazy hard case included, shipping included w/ insurance to continental USA. Will accept PayPal for payment. Asking $210, which i feel is a fair price, given that it has has a great set up, better quality saddle which fits much better than the stock saddle, is better quality bone, and improved the sound, the intonation is dead on, and case and shipping are included in the price. Also available for local pick up in San Diego, CA. Thanks!

(In case you're wondering why I am selling it, I am working full-time and in school full-time, and own a couple ukes that but don't have time to play much, so I am selling this one and keeping my Koaloha concert.)

2011-10-06190712.jpg

2011-10-06190658.jpg

2011-10-06190754.jpg

Last edited:
This is a really great deal. I can't believe someone hasn't snagged this. If I hadn't bought a Pono concert recently, I'd have been all over this.

Thanks! It really is a great little uke, and there is nothing wrong with it. Sounds fantastic, but it was either part with this or my Koaloha, and am keeping the Koaloha for obvious reasons! But seriously, i liked having both because they sound so dofferent from each other. The Ohana has such a nice, mellow, even tone and is very pleasing, especially with the Worth Browns.

Why? What difference does it make?

well, i mentioned that the price i am asking includes shipping...and i am sure it would cost a heck of a lot more to ship the instrument to Australia compared to say, New York. Also don't want to deal with the extra paperwork/customs. In the case something went wrong, it was lost in transit, damaged, etc. it's just much easier to deal with it if the buyer is here in the states. sorry if that offended anyone. wasn't my intention!

well, i mentioned that the price i am asking includes shipping...and i am sure it would cost a heck of a lot more to ship the instrument to Australia compared to say, New York. Also don't want to deal with the extra paperwork/customs. In the case something went wrong, it was lost in transit, damaged, etc. it's just much easier to deal with it if the buyer is here in the states. sorry if that offended anyone. wasn't my intention!

I guess it's just that it can get frustrating for those of us who don't happen to be American when sellers refuse to ship even just to Canada. I always offer to pay the full price of shipping, and I accept the risks of cross-border shipping, but a lot of Americans are unwilling to go through the "hassle." I've shipped cross-border myself, so I know that this "hassle" involves maybe two extra minutes in the post office, if that. Considering how difficult it can be to find the ukes one wants outside the US, I do understand why people respond to ads that purposely exclude them. Just as an example, I know of only one Canadian distributor of Ohanas, a mom-and-pop sort of organisation with no online ordering capabilities.

(I'm not looking to pick a fight; I believe in the seller's right to lay out conditions. I simply wish to nudge American sellers gently towards the realisation that shipping internationally is not the nightmare many seem to think it is. Things can go wrong, but this holds true for domestic shipping as well.)

just shipped to Australia and the only hassle was getting the bag to put the documents in.everything printed on my computer from USPS web site. the postman [person] would have even picked it up. turns out any plastic bag would do, but I've got extras now. really wasn't ANY MORE TROUBLE THAN ANY other shipping.

so i checked out the united states postal service website, and it's darn expensive to ship to australia, but will do it if you are still interested as long as you cover the shipping costs.

Last edited:
do you have a sound bite?

no, unfortunately i don't have a way to get a nice quality recording of it. i've tried just using the built in mic on my mac and it sounds horrible. in person though it sounds great. it's mellow (it's mahogany) but you can dig into it as well and it sounds great even when you hit it hard (that wasn't the case when the aquilas were on it). the intonation is better than my Koaloha concert.

Tenor size

Thnks anyway, didnot realized it was concert, more interested om the tenor, theres another member whos selling a kala tenor but wont ship either to aus

Thnks anyway, didnot realized it was concert, more interested om the tenor, theres another member whos selling a kala tenor but wont ship either to aus

Just keep in mind that if you import a uke from the US, even a used one, there may be VAT and import duty to pay on it. This will be applied on top of the cost and the shipping. It may bring the price up close to the cost of a new uke. If you want an Ohana, check our dealers in Australasia and Asia. See the Ohana website for info.

I guess it's just that it can get frustrating for those of us who don't happen to be American when sellers refuse to ship even just to Canada. I always offer to pay the full price of shipping, and I accept the risks of cross-border shipping, but a lot of Americans are unwilling to go through the "hassle." I've shipped cross-border myself, so I know that this "hassle" involves maybe two extra minutes in the post office, if that. Considering how difficult it can be to find the ukes one wants outside the US, I do understand why people respond to ads that purposely exclude them. Just as an example, I know of only one Canadian distributor of Ohanas, a mom-and-pop sort of organisation with no online ordering capabilities.

(I'm not looking to pick a fight; I believe in the seller's right to lay out conditions. I simply wish to nudge American sellers gently towards the realisation that shipping internationally is not the nightmare many seem to think it is. Things can go wrong, but this holds true for domestic shipping as well.)

I know how you feel, I'm an American myself.. but I've been living overseas in Taiwan for over a year now. It can be so frustrating! I'd imagine that the market for musical instruments is much better in Canada, but there must be many things you can't get shipped to your address. There are hardly any sites that ship guitars properly set-up overseas.. I'm first and foremost a guitarist, and after my guitar got damaged in my travels, I've gone through one nightmare after another trying to find a proper replacement here in Taipei.

It's nice to have excellent shops like Uke Republic, Mim, Mainland, and HMS for ukuleles.. I'd be lost without them. UR Mike has helped me out a great deal and he's a very nice guy to deal with. I hope the situation improves for you guys up north! Canada needs some great music stores and better service from American suppliers. I love Canada! (I just hate the cold lol)

Take care!

P.S. My comment is not directed towards the OP, it's just general commentary on the difficulties that many musicians face living outside of the U.S. Many of us don't realize how lucky we are to have such a great variety of affordable, well-made instruments available to us both online and in stores.

Last edited:
Looking forward to my new Ukulele. By the way Scott is very easy to work with, most accomidating and ships to NJ.

Just keep in mind that if you import a uke from the US, even a used one, there may be VAT and import duty to pay on it. This will be applied on top of the cost and the shipping. It may bring the price up close to the cost of a new uke. If you want an Ohana, check our dealers in Australasia and Asia. See the Ohana website for info.

Just for the record - NO VAT in Australia - we do have GST BUT at the moment they do not collect GST on anything WORTH (not costing) less than $1000. The value is USUALLY accepted as per the customs declaration BUT the customs office can argue if it seems too low....

Top Bottom