Anyone own a Triumph?

gyosh

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have seen other instruments that looked exactly like this, not sure if they were called "triumphs" (could be a name just for Empire) feedback indicated they were not very loud or resonant. I couldn't, in good conscience advise you to buy it. Unless you find an owner that thinks it's worth ^$70 bucks, I'd get a nice laminated Makai, lanikai,
Kala, etc. if you are stuck with that price range.

I have seen other instruments that looked exactly like this, not sure if they were called "triumphs" (could be a name just for Empire) feedback indicated they were not very loud or resonant. I couldn't, in good conscience advise you to buy it. Unless you find an owner that thinks it's worth ^$70 bucks, I'd get a nice laminated Makai, lanikai,
Kala, etc. if you are stuck with that price range.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure it's the uke they use in "The Mighty Uke" (Langley). Anyhow, I have a really nice uke waiting for him too, I just want to see if he's going to take to it or if it's just a phase. He's only 12 so his interests are pretty fluid. Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

I used to own this Triumph, but sold it about 3 years ago...
...sad to see her go, but got rid of her right before the bottom fell out of the classic car market.
TR6 BRG.jpg

I used to own this Triumph, but sold it about 3 years ago...
...sad to see her go, but got rid of her right before the bottom fell out of the classic car market.
View attachment 28686

I loved those and the Spitfire's, Paul. All I could afford at that time was a Fiat 850 (843 CC) Spider:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_850

800px-Fiat_850_Spider_%2816.06.2007%29.jpg

At only 49 horsepower, I'd be in second gear climbing a hill. Ric

I once owned a Triumph Toledo.....I'll get my coat!

Anyone want to drift back on topic with a little more uke advice for the OP? ;)

Heh heh... You guys... :D

No worries. Glad I could bring back some memories :). I used to race moto-x, and I started right about the time all the twin four strokes were going away. Always wished I could have raced a triumph, BSA etc.

Never raced anything, but my last motorcycle was a 1973 Triumph Tiger 750.

Still miss it, but the neurosurgeon said that riding was one of the easiest ways to screw my neck up again. (He rides.) After Karate (He has a black belt. Mine just holds my pants up).

On the other hand, I've never heard of Triumph Ukuleles. Is the logo the same, I wonder?

-Kurt

Top Bottom