Kamaka HF-3 Tenor strings

dredey

Reaction score
For those of you who own or have played the Kamaka HF-3 Tenor. I know there are some who prefer the stock strings. (I do not) What are the best strings that you have on your HF-3? Worth? Martin? And why? I did lots of searches but still could not find my answer particular to this make and style uke. Mostly looking for answers on the tenor size Kamaka. Thanks.

Andre'

For my tenor Kamaka HF3, my favorite low g strings are the Worth CHLGHD -- only that set of the Worths though, I didn't care for the CTLG on it as the g string was very boomy and overpowering. A runner up to the Worth CHLGHD (which I have only found at Elderly.com) would be Fremont Blackline's low g set.

For high g tuning, I like to use Savarez Alliance classical guitar strings -- you use the 541R for the A string, 542R for the E string, 543R for the C string, and 541J for the G string. If you don't want to completely redo all four strings to switch back and forth from low g and high g tuning, you can use the Savarez setup for A, E and C and then use a Savarez Corum 504RH for the low g -- it is a wound string though. You can get the individual Savarez strings from places like juststrings.com or stringsbymail.com

I would concurr with wickedwahine on the low G Worth CHLGHD for your HF-3. I have them on mine also.

Top Bottom