PDA

View Full Version : First Newbie Uke

boodrow
10-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Ok ive made up my mind to buy a new one , im all ears on what to buy that has a good action and pretty good to start with.
Thanks
Boodrow

PhilUSAFRet
10-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Here ya go, try this

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?11346-Info-Thread-Entry-Level-Ukuleles

Trinimon
10-08-2011, 04:17 PM
How much is your budget? Do you know what size ie soprano, concert or tenor?

Flea Flicker
10-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm a relative 'newb' as well, going through some of the very same decisions, but in my view, deciding on the desired tone and size of the uke you want is as critical as deciding on the make, model or price range, so start there. I would also caution you to resist the temptation of jumping right into a standard (soprano) sized instrument, which is something a lot of people (including me) fall victim to. The point being, they're quite small with tiny little frets and rather bright sounding, so they're definitely not for everyone. Just be patient in your research and check-out the sound of all sizes including the larger tenor and baritone models, then once you've made that decision, the rest (i.e., make, model, price, etc.) will all fall right into place.

Good Luck!

boodrow
10-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Thanks guys , A lil more infor , my budget is the 100-200 range , and im lookin for a tenor from what ive been lookin at.
Boodrow