Uke Got Mail - LIVE @ DaSilva Ukulele Co.

Here it is: LIVE Uke Got Mail - DaSilva's

Haha, I know, it's been a long time since this actually took place, but I finally got around to putting it together. This was the first Live Uke Got Mail that we ever filmed, and it was after the show at Mike DaSilva's on July 18th. Overall this was an awesome night and it ended up being a most spectacular way to kick off our California Tour.

Thanks everyone.

Questions, comments, thoughts, ideas, additional answers? Go ahead, post them here!

its awesome... grow all your hair haha
so many hats :S how many u got all2ge4?

Congrats on this superb vid.

Got one question about strings.
I can imagine that for the C string Aldrine uses the B guitar string,
for E string the E1 guitar string, but which guitar strings does he use
for A and for the high G ?
I'm asking cause I would like to experiment with strings a little bit,
and both my Lanikai ukuleles are still on the GHS

Congrats on this superb vid.

Got one question about strings.
I can imagine that for the C string Aldrine uses the B guitar string,
for E string the E1 guitar string, but which guitar strings does he use
for A and for the high G ?
I'm asking cause I would like to experiment with strings a little bit,
and both my Lanikai ukuleles are still on the GHS

Man I totally forgot how surreal that first night of the tour was. After all the trouble getting out there, you guys made it all worth it! Thank you to everyone who came out and supported us while we were out in Cali. We had a blast. Watching this video makes me want to start planning the next trip...

Last edited:
he uses the high E string twice (hence buying 2 packs of strings)

Ok. But are you sure he uses the E string twice ? not three times ?
E = first time
A = second time
High G = third time

Or maybe Aldrine plays with low G ?

he uses the high E string twice (hence buying 2 packs of strings).

That'd be really good. Do you have to buy them from D'Addario directly? I'll get a set once I've saved up for my next ukulele, woo!

Jake S uses D'Addarios too doesn't he?

Last edited by a moderator:
i still dont quite understand the strumming method that dominator asks. tell me if im doing this correct:

1) hold hand flat
2) bend pointer finger so its perpendicular to the rest of the hand
3) wiggle it back and forth really fast

is that it? is it the point of the finger hitting the string or the pad, because when ever i do it i get a broken up sound. i want to make sure i have it correct so i dont start practicing incorrectly.

Russ, I really enjoyed your "Super Hero" question. What kind of super hero powers would you have? Why? and I hope you would be good...

As to the strumming question, take your hand and point it out straight and flat, then wiggle it side to side so that your middle finger never moves, it just rotates around, that is what they are doing, then with the index finger pointed in.

To the struming question, as well.... The motion similar to turning a key in a lock, or using a screwdriver. As to what part of the finger... you've got me there....

I saw myself all the way in the back, for a split second. haha

Too bad I didn't get to ask my question about harmonics. fail.

Haha that strumming method is so cool. When I learn to perfect it without getting tired and getting a sore wrist (thank you Phiten for the speedy recovery) then it'll be a really cool trick to show my friends.

that was amazing!
i wish i was there :mad:
maybe next time;)

It was sweet to watch, wish I could have been there!!!

Aldrine is soooo right the way he plays "Surf" is so cool!!!!
I would really like to see a segment on how he did that strum, the way I play it sounds more like his first version!!!!

Don't they both use the Pro Arte Tenor set?

"The J71 Ukulele Set consists of an all-nylon string is inspired and guided by the virtuosity of D'Addario ukulele artist, Jake Shimabukuro. This set made from an assortment of Pro Arte' classical guitar string gauges."
From D'Addario's website.

I know I like them on my Kala's, on my KA-T I have a low g and the rest the Pro Arte's and it sounds awesome even my instructor likes it and on the Maple/Spruce they makes it sing OUT!!!

Once more, Thanks UU staff.

Top Bottom