Custom Regal vintage uke w/ curly mahogany, abalone Regal inlay

Doc_J

Reaction score
Last edited:
That is a VERY cool Regal, I've been watching it and what really makes me sad is it is located in my home town......

That is the finest Regal I have ever seen. I wish it were mine!

Yeah, I've been watching it, too. It's been refinished I believe. But it looks great. Probably going higher than I want to spend.

To yourself ?

um...yep, coriandre I couldn't resist it...don't have any mahogany ukes and hoping it sounds and plays ok.

he he..didn't want to say that I'd bought it. I was hoping for someone to chime in and say...that was either good value or a rip off...ha ha. Have no idea if I've blown my dough or not...we'll see I guess :eek:

are you kidding , that is a top of the line vintage stunner. look at the grain in that mahogany. if it plays half as good as it looks you got a great deal

What a score...never saw a flame mahogany before like that...wonder if it is??? hmm anyways it looks absouletly awesome vintage high end of their line...congrats Bruddah Eugene

Aloha Bruddah Jon,
Was pulling for you. Congrats on your new member to your ukulele ohana, absolutely stunning. Strum with pride........................BO.......................

um...yep, coriandre I couldn't resist it...don't have any mahogany ukes and hoping it sounds and plays ok.

he he..didn't want to say that I'd bought it. I was hoping for someone to chime in and say...that was either good value or a rip off...ha ha. Have no idea if I've blown my dough or not...we'll see I guess :eek:

Congrats. That uke is so cool and unique. Glad to see you get it.

I think it was a great price. More importantly, Stan thinks it was a score.

Now... I would love to see a video of it being played, please.

I can pretty much guarantee you've got a real player. While Regals only have a so-so reputation, it's because they made sooooooo many back in the day - most of them serviceable, but nothing special.

However - they did some "limited editions", so to speak, that were exceptional. I have never seen that type of ukulele, but I once restored what looks to be the same type of build in a Regal Parlour Tenor Guitar. Here's some pics:

DSCN0624.jpgDSCN0630.jpgDSCN0628.jpgDSCN0638.jpg

Not as much of the curly figure as your little gem, but it's pretty similar in it's materials, and same headtock logo. Having owned several of these Regal Tenors, I can tell you this particular edition was waaaaaaaaay above the others as far as sound. If that's any indication, you will love, love, love this uke!

Congratualtions!

Top Bottom