Ukuleles finally getting back in stock-little by little!

Uke Republic

Reaction score
We are now getting stock back from our makers and distributors , little by little anyway. Many things were pre sold .
Things finally in solid body Sub-bass-
Kiwaya USA -Pauleles bamboo soprano with new bridge-(pics coming)
Mainland banjo-ukes in maple and mahogany flavors
At the end of this month aNueNue will have the harp ukes in. We now are restocked on the U-900.
At the end of this month -Loads of Ohanas (many sk-38 and others are being pre sold now) including sk-22z plus a new model I'll show ASAP- This one is a winner too!
Keliis, Ponos will be in soon too and much more! Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Wow, this is weird. Here we are in a world-wide depression with unemployment through the roof and you have to wait literally months to buy a uke. Looks to me that the "popular" brands are really hard to keep in stock. I've had a certain one (not going to name names here) on order for 2 months already and it may be another 2-3 months or more before I get it. No, it's not a custom order. As a CPA, I used to advise my clients not to ignore one particular inventory cost---Cost of not carrying sufficient inventory. Admittedly, this is a somewhat difficult cost to determine. FWIW

Historically the ukulele has proved to gain popularity in hard economic times.
Another one of the reasons that many ukuleles are difficult to have in stock is the global demand. We ship all over the world and places that didn't have a large uke presence in the past (Thailand for one,Sawadee:)) have really taken to the ukulele. I guess the ukulele is having growing pains at the moment.

It's great that the growing pains are going. Since I'm a newbie, I have no idea how long the current popularity streak has been going or about when it started. Can someone please tell me?

I really dig the look of the maple Mainland Banjo-uke...
...I wish though they would have outlined the headstock decal for contrast.

It's had stages in the USA 20's 40's 50' etc but I would say about the mid 90's it was coming back and within the past 3 years it's really increased with mainstream music even picking it up.
So many good instrument makers This time I think the trend is here to stay with the ukulele being seen as a quality instrument instead of a toy or noveltie
It's great that the growing pains are going. Since I'm a newbie, I have no idea how long the current popularity streak has been going or about when it started. Can someone please tell me?

Hmmm, I've sure wanted to lay hands on a bamboo Paulele - too bad they don't make a longneck soprano version. I may have to take the plunge anyway - it's not like I can't play on a soprano scale, I just prefer the concert for comfort... :)

John

It started when the Ukulele Underground launched, Shastastan. Literally. The membership of the Ukulele Underground is a staggering figure. I'll look up the current stats and post them back on this thread. Ric

Thanks for the info. I think it was in 1992 that my wife and I watched most of the ukulele festival at Waikiki. We were just taking a walk and noticed it. Our hotel was only a couple of blocks away. 75 kids in a uke orchestra playing Bach. Waaaaay cool! Of course, I only started a few months ago on uke and 5 years ago on trumpet. We just started a uke club here which I'm sure will expand from our current 7 members. We've only had 1 meeting so far. Looks like some $$ to be made selling ukes.

Top Bottom