Kiwaya USA- Paulele new bridge on the bamboo

It looks great! this new (bone? nubone?) bridge could make a more loud soud in this bamboo uke?

Hey Mike, do you have any youtube (or other) clips demonstrating the Paulele tone? Man, I hate being in a city this large that really doesn't have much in the way of places to try out a uke in person. Wish I would hit the lottery so I could open a uke store. Oh, wait, you have to buy tickets to hit the lottery... :)

John

I do have a sound clip up but I will do another . It has a really nice arched back too.
Tempter! :)

Seriously, thanks. I've been thinking about getting a soprano just so I can say I have one of everything :) and the Paulele is high on my list of "maybes."

John

All I know is, I love mine, and have no plans of every giving it up.

I've read contradictory posts regarding these ukes, some saying they are quiet and others saying they are loud ...
Also, could someone let me know if they are heavy or light? Finally, are the tops thick since I'd guess they'd have to somehow glue all the pieces together?
Oh, and other than distribution, doe Kiwaya have any design or manufacturing input on them? Does "Kiwaya" appear anywhere on the uke?

Mine is very loud, It seems heavier then the Koaloha soprano, that I am currently salivating over, but not as heavy as my kanaloah pineapple. ( not sure if that helps or not) It does say distributed by Kiwaya USA on the inside label. The top does not seem overly thick to me, but I don't have enough Ukes at present to do a proper comparison.

Top Bottom