New (Banjo) Uke Day: Mainland Soprano Banjo-uke!

Chris Tarman

Reaction score
Hey! The UPS guy brought me a box today!IMG_0294.jpgIMG_0296.jpgIMG_0295.jpg
As you can see, I opted for the Matte Maple version, just for something different. And different it is! This is my first banjo-uke, and it's an entirely different animal from a normal ukulele. I'm already driving my wife crazy, so I'll have to play it when she's not around. I mainly bought it so that I could play with other people and be heard. My neighbors down the street are very good bluegrass musicians (the entire family), and when I've played a regular uke at jams at their house, I get totally drowned out by guitars, mandolins, fiddles and banjos.
Once the strings get settled in, I'll do a little video, and after I get used to it, a review. Thanks for picking out one with decent figuring, Mike!

Looks great! Banjo uke is addictive. I love mine.

Congratulations!! it looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to hear it when you do the vid. Is the Soprano just new to the Banjo Uke range at Mainland?

I just love my concert one! :D

Roberta

That's sweet looking! Congratulations. I'm a clawhammer player who would love to someday try a banjo uke... what tunings will you use?

Sweet little banjo uke! Love to hear it. A banjo uke in my future too

Congratulations!! it looks gorgeous!! Can't wait to hear it when you do the vid. Is the Soprano just new to the Banjo Uke range at Mainland?

I just love my concert one! :D

Roberta

Yes, the soprano is new. They aren't on the website yet. I had asked Mike to email me when they got in. They got here about a month ago, but the Mainland folks were really busy getting ready for the Milwaukee Uke Fest, so I told Mike there was no bug rush.

That's sweet looking! Congratulations. I'm a clawhammer player who would love to someday try a banjo uke... what tunings will you use?
I think I'll just use normal gCEA, but I might try the old D tuning like George Formby used.

Oh Hell Yeah Bring the Twang and Pluck

Welcome to the :bowdown:Dork Side. My Mainland banjo uke is a :worship:blast, in more ways than one...

:cheers:
Cheers and Enjoy!

Seriously? And we haven't seen a video yet? Come on - your fans are waiting!

ok! Now that looks great. I want one now.

I really like the look of maple and would like to get one...
...but on a silly aesthetic level, how does the "Mainland" decal show up against the maple color?

I really like the look of maple and would like to get one...
...but on a silly aesthetic level, how does the "Mainland" decal show up against the maple color?
Not very well, at least from a distance. Up close, it shows up ok.

Congrats! I am very much looking forward to hearing "When I'm Cleaning Windows" and/or "Under the Double Eagle"!

Congrats! You are so lucky to have good Bluegrass pickers near you. My favorite music.

Top Bottom