A 14yr Old being big headed...

Zoë Bestel

Reaction score
Uhm hi.
I'm Zoë, 14 from the UK and well...I sing and write songs.
I've been looking everywhere for a place to ask feedback on my songwriting from people who actually know or like the ukulele and know what they're on about...actually that's a lie - Basically anyone anywhere that will listen and will give good feedback - if you know what you're on about or not. LOL

So, basically, I've been writing since I was tiny but all the songs were rubbish but when I got my Uke at Christmas 2010 (Last Crimbo) I started really writing.

I've written eight song, done a few gigs, got about 270 likes on Facebook, got absolutely lovely paragraph in a well known magazine by a pretty famous person and a round of applause by a bunch of authors at a book festival two weeks ago but I want more...(Hence the title)

So this brings me to a little favour from you, it's pretty easy.

I would like feedback on my songwriting and advice on how to become a little more well known and just all round niceness so I can add it a page on my website (click here to see it)

So here's a link to a live vid of me performing two of my songs (Without You and 35 Missed Calls), enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSGJmkvrVbc

Thank you!

Zoe, that was great.....you are really talented! Great playing, great voice! I look forward to more in the future.....only 14, wow, you have so much great music ahead of you! Welcome to UU!

Never mind that you're young. Talent is ageless. You're already getting media attention, that's nice, but that's more because of your talent than anything else.
Plus, you have a very supporting community around you. That's something I (and other people) wish we had.

Great job! And you are just going to get better as you "season", especially since you are so open to feedback.

Uhm hi.
I'm Zoë, 14 from the UK and well...I sing and write songs.
I've been looking everywhere for a place to ask feedback on my songwriting from people who actually know or like the ukulele and know what they're on about...actually that's a lie - Basically anyone anywhere that will listen and will give good feedback - if you know what you're on about or not. LOL

So, basically, I've been writing since I was tiny but all the songs were rubbish but when I got my Uke at Christmas 2010 (Last Crimbo) I started really writing.

I've written eight song, done a few gigs, got about 270 likes on Facebook, got absolutely lovely paragraph in a well known magazine by a pretty famous person and a round of applause by a bunch of authors at a book festival two weeks ago but I want more...(Hence the title)

So this brings me to a little favour from you, it's pretty easy.

I would like feedback on my songwriting and advice on how to become a little more well known and just all round niceness so I can add it a page on my website (click here to see it)

So here's a link to a live vid of me performing two of my songs (Without You and 35 Missed Calls), enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSGJmkvrVbc

Thank you!

Humbleness. This is a great trait. Also be open to any negative feedback and use it to make improvements.

I just subscribed to you on youtube. Great music,,,if it was on CD I would buy it. You have a great voice and mellow tone to your music. Keep it coming and good luck.

Wow, great voice and playing! It looks like you are already off to a good start with your live performances and youtube page. Good luck!

One of the best ways of becoming better known is to subscribe to every uke player you can find on YT and write as many comments as you can. People will respond.

I like you and would definately listen to your music, remind me of kate nash!

If you make videos like your thread title, you will catch many eyes: "A 14 Year Old Being Beheaded...."

Hi Zoe,

I'm impressed by what I've heard so far. But if you'd like me to comment on your song-writing (I've been at it for 40 years - since I was more or less your age) then I suggest you get a lyrics page on that site - I couldn't find one. As I said to someone else, on another thread in the song writing help section.

I'd need to see the lyrics written before my eyes to truly comment. Simply listening, you can get away with murder. (Never read the lyrics of massive acoustic hit group "America" Horse with no name etc. They WORK if you listen to them, but demand execution of the lyricist if you actually read them and try to make sense of them.)

Hey, keep at it! The more you write, the better you get. Song-writing is a craft as much as an art.

PS If there is a lyrics page, have you got the link, please?

Cheers,

Berni (a Scouse Exile in Catalonia) AKA Barbablanca (white-beard) here.

Actually, I had already heard of you before you posted :D. I listened to a few of your songs at the time - impressive, but none were as fabulous as the butterfly song. I think it had a lot to do with the way you performed it - there was a sensitivity and emotion to it that really got to me, and of course a good story with a twist. What I was really impressed with is that the story could have come out sounding really cheesy, but it doesn't (at least to me). There was an orginality to it, as well as an empathy provoking situation which really had some grip to it. Bravo :)

Very nice I too had seen and enjoyed some of these vids before Welcome to UU

Top Bottom