Wound C on concert?

aznxtrm2

Reaction score
i was jst wondering if anyone has done it, because i was wondering why they start selling wound strings at tenor for aquilas. i would imagine that it would make it deeper but thats it, but im wondering... so yeah.

i was jst wondering if anyone has done it, because i was wondering why they start selling wound strings at tenor for aquilas. i would imagine that it would make it deeper but thats it, but im wondering... so yeah.

I really don't understand your question.

I have a wound low G Aquila set on both my concert resonator and my tenor Eleuke, though, so if you could maybe clarify what exactly your question is, I'd be more than glad to answer...

Not really gettin this one either. Aquila does indeed sell two sets for tenors and one of them includes a wound C. Are you asking for Aiquila and other string manufacturers to offer a wound C option for concert? If so, understand that the C in both sets is tuned to the exact same pitch. The only real difference is that the wound C has more sustain then the other 3 strings.

Last edited:
I think he is wanting to know if he can put a wound cstring on a concert uke. He noticed that aquila makes the wound c in the tenor sized uke and so he just wants to know if anyone has put it on a concert. At least that is my interpertation of his question and I am a teacher so I am good at figuring out confusion.

I think I answered him already. Just to make sure:

Actually a wound c can be used on any size ukulele....I have seen them packaged for a soprano and tenor but for some reason concerts are never packaged in wound c sets although i have strung concerts with wound c's before. It is just a matter of sound preference plain or wound as they each produced a different tonality to the overall tone of the ukulele and what you want to empahsize in your sound

dang srry for the confusion, too many essays im writing, basically i wanted to know how a wound c on a concert would be. question was answered so Thx. i might put it on mine cause i got a wound aquila string on ebay for my friend, but then did not want it so im stuck with it.

Top Bottom