microcube amp question

mjmeltzer

Reaction score
Hi all. I am considering purchasing an eleuke.

Sine it's a solid body electric i know I'd need an amp for it and this one seems to be thought fondly of by some uke players and i've seen good review about it.

My question is about the effects it has built in though.

If I were to by an eleuke and this amp would I only be able to get the clean sound of the eleuke or would I be able to do somethign with the amp to get some really cool sound effects going. (It would be awesome to turn on some effects and have the uke become a mini elec guitar like some people on youtube do)

Yes, you'll be able to get "some really cool sound effects going"...!!! I have a Roland Street Cube and it is a great amp for an Eleuke.

You can do tons of things with it. I have a Roland MC RX Bass for my kala U-Bass but i also play an Oscar Schmidt tenor with a miSi pickup and it sounds just great also.

I use a roland microcube with my Eleuke and it rocks! Seriously, all of the settings on it work real well for uke, especially "Brit Combo" and "R-Fier".

Get a Vox Mini3 instead, mjmeltzer.

It is the same size.
It has a larger spealer, to boost frequency response.
It has more power, to handle larger gigs.
It has two banks of effects.
It has a microphone channel with it's own controls - you can plsy and sing at the same time.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...tery-powered-guitar-combo-amp/h14148000001000

DV019_Jpg_Regular_H14148_V.jpg

DV019_Jpg_Regular_H14148_top.jpg

I'll definitely look into the vox mini3 a little bit more ricdoug. Thanks.

From what I see looking at the specs and stuff it seems to offer everything the microcube does and more for the same price.

But just to clarify, regardless of whether I get the microcube or the mini3 I would still be able to play the nice clean eleuke sound or if I wanted to have fun crank up some effects and rock out like I see some people doing with an eleuke on youtube?

I have a Vox also and really love it. If you want more affects I would get either a Line 6 pocket pod (not the line 6 pocket pod express) or if you have an iphone the iRig app. and adapter. I have both and they are tons of fun (especially the iRig which lets you record, multi track, play along with songs, has built in tuner etc.) My son posted a vid of himself playing my Kanile'a throught the Pocket Pod and his Pignose amp on this thread:
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?54330-Free-Islander-Ukulele

Hope this helps

Last edited:
I have the Roland Micro Cube and love it. My ukes that have pickups sound lovely and "clear" on the acoustic setting but I have a lot of fun with the Brit-combo sometimes with the reverb kicked up. There are a lot of effects to experiment with.

Nix

I'll definitely look into the vox mini3 a little bit more ricdoug. Thanks.

From what I see looking at the specs and stuff it seems to offer everything the microcube does and more for the same price.

But just to clarify, regardless of whether I get the microcube or the mini3 I would still be able to play the nice clean eleuke sound or if I wanted to have fun crank up some effects and rock out like I see some people doing with an eleuke on youtube?

If you get a mini3 it will be love a first strum with your eleuke. I have one and I LOVE it more than words can say! It is a great combo.. Vox is awesome. I bought my mini3 for $90 can't beat that with a stick! Good luck and enjoy! And yes you can get the clean sound too...

Oh I also like that you can plug in a mic.. my kids are jealous!

Mini3 is definitely the one i'm leaning towards more now. Thanks guys.

Top Bottom