Nice solid wood vintage hawaiian uke for auction this Saturday

MissJonib

Reaction score
Hi there! I thought you might like to know about this cute little vintage ukulele that will be sold at Antique Helper's Art & Antiques Auction this Saturday, October 15.

Here's a picture of the ukulele: uke.jpg

And here is a link to the website with full details and a description:

http://antiquehelper.rfcsystems.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp?salelot=1086+++++183+&refno=+++92447

The Antique Helper website has information about telephone, absentee and internet bidding. If you live near Indianapolis, you can attend the auction in person, too!

I've played it and it sounds great. It sustains well and,since I've been messing around with it and tuning it, it is staying in tune.

Good luck!

Any idea on the maker?

Not for nothing, but that really is an extremely pretty 'ukulele.

Wow I really like this uke....it has some cracks and dings..but it looks well made on the higher end with nice add ons....as with auctions..you never can tell, but I'm sure alot of people are
looking at this one already..I don't think the unknown maker will distract from price...sorta looks in the 30's or earlier with the Hawaiian coat of arms...

Last edited:
I checked this out yesterday. Can't tell what the wood is, probably mahogany, but is a nice honey golden color so it could be koa. Nice fretboard, but didn't try to play it, it is lightweight, comfortable to hold. Painted edges, decal on the soundhole, plastic tuners, Hawaiian decal on headstock. It does have numerous small cracks. Otherwise seemed structurally sound. Good luck.

My guess is 1960's or 70's Japanese-made, but I havent seen it in person. This headstock decal is different from the Vintage Hawaiian decals.

Last edited:
Top Bottom