help

KD5WBG

Reaction score
im new to the uke and i was wondering what is the easiest way to convert chords... if anyone could help me convert these chords to uke i would greatly appreciate it

Gm7 F#7 F7 Eb7 Cm D7

Here, try this

http://www.sheep-entertainment.nl/ukulele/index.html

example click D then 7 then 7 again and it will show you the different D7's also.

Also something I learned from playing guitar chord songs is they don't always sound "right" so you may have to change to different chord all together.

Last edited:
...convert these chords to uke i would greatly appreciate it

Gm7 F#7 F7 Eb7 Cm D7

You don't convert, you simply learn the ukulele fingerings for the same names.

freedive has a great suggestion but remember with the Sheep chordfinder you have to set its tuning (in the lower right corner of the software). It defaults to D tuning, so if that's how you tune, you're golden. A great lot of people tune to C tuning though, and much of the online stuff (songsheets, etc.) are done in that tuning.

Also something I learned from playing guitar chord songs is they don't always sound "right" so you may have to change to different chord all together.

Different chord altogether? Or just different voicing (i.e. position) for the same chord?

I've never found a tune that I had to do that for, providing there just weren't incorrect chords printed there in the first place. A lot of the stuff floating around online was transcribed by folks whose ears are somewhat suspect.

Google and download a ukulele chord chart for reference.

Gm7 = 0211
F#7 = 3421
F7 = 2313
Eb7 (D#7) = 3334
Cm = 0333
D7 = 2223

Last edited:
Top Bottom