PDA

View Full Version : my first ever upload from my first ever gig back in july

ukuleledaveey
10-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Hi all, well i have finally managed to upload a song on to youtube took me all of thursday night and friday morning, it is now 6.30 am friday, i am not very good at computer stuff, in fact it is worse than my ukulele playing :)
anyway this was from july, and from my first ever gig with my local society, hence nerves and thus i never sang through out the whole gig, i couldnt multi task then, finally starting to sing/mumble now.
I appreciate it is only a basic old song done a thousand times , but it was a start for me, will maybe upload some more of it over the coming months.the link is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Qqnh6oBKo

23skidoo
10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
You guys sound great! I've just started playing with a group of folks here in Atlanta over the last few months and it's a blast. We meet at a Hawaiian BBQ place and eat, drink, and strum. You don't meet many unpleasant ukulele players, so a good time is always had by all.

I started out playing guitar when I was much younger and I always noticed the best improvement when I played regularly with others, especially better players. It's without a doubt the fastest and most enjoyable way to learn an instrument. Stick with it and be sure to post some more clips.....

Hippie Dribble
10-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Nice stuff davey, looks like you guys were having loads of fun with it. Sounded great! I have been in a uke group and we couldn't hold a candle to your strumming and singing in unison. Awesome on all fronts mate, cheers!

ukuleledaveey
10-13-2011, 08:19 PM
:) thanks so much for the positive comment, really means alot to me.I have played quite a few gigs now, we even played at a wedding. You are so right, playing with ithers really does bring on improvement.i think the uke is the best instrument out and i am so proud to be a ukulele player (still learning) i have just started having some lessons i am learning finger picking at the moment, it is a bit hard but practice makes perfect, one again thanks for your kind words and keep on plucking :)

ukuleledaveey
10-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice stuff davey, looks like you guys were having loads of fun with it. Sounded great! I have been in a uke group and we couldn't hold a candle to your strumming and singing in unison. Awesome on all fronts mate, cheers!
thanks so much ,really appreciate it :) i was a bit nervous of putting anything up, as there is some sublime players on this forum, but thanks so much. good luck with the rugby at the weekend hope you beat the kiwi's as a little bit of me is ausie and my wife is true blue :) hoping to come back to live there one day (fingers crossed )

TCK
10-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Gooble Gobble we accept you one of us.
Excellent stuff there Davey- it does not matter whether it is hard song or how well you play it...
With this instrument, first question ought to be "did you have fun?"
Clearly that went down- so it is great. Wish I had folks to play with where I live, but I have all these videos to play along too and that seems to be enough for now- thanks for adding one to the list