What is up with Hawaii music supply website...?

v30

Reaction score
When I clicked on it (on 2 different computers) I kept getting sent to some sort of youtube p***......no issues with any other website...??

I'll let you know, I'm still watching :)

(actually its fine again now (you already know that though, don't you :) ).....weird)

I just tried in and it worked fine. It talks about Pono but no p***

Last edited:
Its still doing it.....not all the time though. Not sure what is going on. Perhaps I have a virus, dunno? I did do a full virus scan though and nothing showed up.

They say no, but when I opened their site yesterday, my virus scan identified it as malware. I let them know, but they say nothing at their end. I think they got a little virus or some such.

They say no, but when I opened their site yesterday, my virus scan identified it as malware. I let them know, but they say nothing at their end. I think they got a little virus or some such.

I was on their site yesterday and this morning, watching some of the ukulele reviews......their site is the only site that this is happening to me. Their page initially loads and then I get transferred to a youtube like p*** site that tries to download files to my computer but my internet security won't let it. This is only happening when I go to their site.......weird.

Last edited:
Yesterday when I opened the site to track an order that I made a few days before I got the same problem as PhilusaFret. Something is wrong in this site.

I emailed Andrew at HMS a few days ago about the problem. He said one other person had contacted them at that point and they were "actively pursuing". Those of you who have experienced the problem might want to email him (andrew@hawaiimusicsupply.com) and give him the particulars of your experience. I've had the YouTube kick off by just clicking on a link in one of their product announcement emails. I've also had it happen going from the reviews back to the store site. My system security prevents the video from running but it locks up trying to download. Don't know whether it's a function of my system security but I can't get rid of it until I kill all IE processes with Task Manager. Regardless, I am very leery of going to the website until this is fixed.

I emailed Andrew at HMS a few days ago about the problem. He said one other person had contacted them at that point and they were "actively pursuing". Those of you who have experienced the problem might want to email him (andrew@hawaiimusicsupply.com) and give him the particulars of your experience. I've had the YouTube kick off by just clicking on a link in one of their product announcement emails. I've also had it happen going from the reviews back to the store site. My system security prevents the video from running but it locks up trying to download. Don't know whether it's a function of my system security but I can't get rid of it until I kill all IE processes with Task Manager. Regardless, I am very leery of going to the website until this is fixed.

Right on, email sent. Well I'm glad I don't have any weird virus's or STD's :) (as soon as I finish these antibiotics that is)

Looks to me like their WordPress site got hacked. I notified Andrew. Shouldn't be TOO hard to clean it up.

I'm on a Mac, so I'm immune (so far). :D

Andrew wanted me to let you know that he should have things cleaned up now, and he's making some changed to try and prevent it from happening again.

I talked to Andrew Kitakis (owner) and they were hacked and the p*** was the result. They are working on it. HMS is a great company and it is a shame they are attacked like this.

Top Bottom