"I Love You (And You Love Me)" original

H

Hippie Dribble

hi everyone,

I wrote this song for a couple in a local aged care facility and both, as husband and wife, suffer from dementia. I was inspired to write it for them because of the deep love they shared. They would shuffle around together in the home and just smile...occasionally his wife would walk away and follow another bloke! but hey, they were a couple still with mutually strong feelings, even while wrestling with their conditions. They'd share a hot drink, sit outside in the garden on sunny days and he would fuss over her like there was no tomorrow. So this is dedicated to Phyl and Ron.

I've played it to them a few times now and each time the reaction is the same:
Phyl smiles and Ron's eyes well up and he adjusts his glasses. In Phyl's room she has a framed print that says ""Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" Sage advice I reckon. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxkz_8l7ymc

I recorded this at home this afternoon and played a mya moe walnut tenor ukulele. Thanks for watching and hearing the story.

Beautiful song and beautiful sentiment Eugene! Superb job!

simply stunning and heart warming left longer comment on the youtube comment box, all i can say is you a re a man of great taste, ie, uke player and a cloth cap wearer , such as myself, hope oneday i can play as well as you :)

I certainly hope when this body gives out and my mind follows, that I will at least have Mel's hand in mine, even if I can't remember why the hell it is there.
I will admit, I kinda welled up a bit m'self- this is beautiful Jon.
Bless up for all you do to make these peoples lives more comfortable.

You have the heart and soul of a giant. Heartfelt applause.

thank you guys so much!!! Glad you have enjoyed the song and that it helped to trigger some nice thoughts and memories. Blessings. :)

Top Bottom