New setup for my videos. Better than on-camera.

garywj

Reaction score
My newest song is using the new microphone setup. An off-camera microphone and preamp was used so that the ukulele doesn't drowned out my voice - sorry about that! Collings UT-3 ukulele, Marshall MXL 990 microphone and ART Tube MP Studio preamp. Most of my other YouTube videos use the on-camera microphone. I think the audio is much better with the new setup. I've got some tweaking to do on the system adjustments. Your input is appreciated.

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/ZCG9KQFnClA

Thanks wolfybau and Ralf. Thanks for taking the time to view the video and give me some feedback.

I'm listening with earbuds in and this video is only playing through the left channel. Your other videos play through both. Sorry, I do not know how to help you fix that. You mention your voice is being drowned out by the ukulele on the other videos. The ukulele is facing directly at the camera mic and when you sing facing to the left or right the ukulele does cover your voice a bit. When you sing directly at the camera you get a better balance.

Raygf,

My new setup is not stereo. I'm not sure if I am going to try to correct that or not. My next change may be to put the uke on the other channel.

Top Bottom