Bruko: Made in West Germany? (New Uke Day too!)

khairijamian

Reaction score
Got my new ukulele yesterday, the flat soprano Bruko No. 6, and what surprised me is;
DSC_1342.jpg
Is it just my uke, or the other Bruko also had the W-Germany stamped inside?

Or...it is a deadstock back from the 80s? LOL but it looks good there, I didn't really care about the West G stamp, just wondering around!

Ah, also, new uke day for me too! Love the sounds, and the aesthetics though. Pure German engineering :D Now looking up to restrung it with other fluorocarbons. Browns or Blacklines, people?
DSC_1339.jpg

awesome choice!! I owned one of those too and they have a lovely old-world, vintage sound to them. Congratulations! FWIW I had mine strung with worth clear mediums.

awesome choice!! I owned one of those too and they have a lovely old-world, vintage sound to them. Congratulations! FWIW I had mine strung with worth clear mediums.

It sounds really nice, eh? No regret in buying it, a total satisfaction! :D Worth Clears, how do they sound like? Is it loud? I love loud ukes :3

Congrats on a gorgeous new ukulele! Want a loud ukulele? Try Southcoast Medium Gauge strings---nice sound and the loudest strings I've tried by far.

On a thread a while back, it stated that Bruko was still using the "W. Germany" branding iron - after all, it was already paid for.

-Kurt​

Top Bottom