NEW Ohana Myrtle wood/ Port Orford cedar

Uke Republic

Reaction score
303970_2021081017831_1568109673_31583889_1515991028_n.jpg
Just a pic of the new model from Ohana.
They really raise this bar with this one.
gloss finish, solid Myrtle back and sides with solid Port Orford sound board. A limited number of red cedar tops are available too for this limited series.
soprano, concert and tenor
317705_2021204660922_1568109673_31583934_111085140_n.jpg
Demo vid soon to come . fantastic voice from both models

Need a bigger picture and closer shooting distance. :)

Wow! Thats a good lookin uke, it could get my UAS flaring up again. Ohana's cedar top with willow back and sides has been one of the ukes been really wanting. Does that one come in concert?

Yes it does come in concert but they won't be in until early 2012. I have sopranos and tenors at the moment in a very limited supply. I'll have details up on Saturday on the store web site for price etc.
I love the look of the Myrtle as well. It puts me in mind of a white Koa. It has maple binding as well, top of the line materials.

They got this wood combination from me :D

Sounds pretty and also sounds like they are preparing to build ukes that have no "endangered" woods in them. Both of those woods can be obtained in North America, as far as I know there are no regulatory issues with them.

Probably!:)
Actually Ohana told me about 2 years ago but I couldn't say anything. Might have sent the Ukulele Mafia after me(Joke, Louis is one of the nicest people).
I have only seen these combos from smaller custom shops and maybe Ko'olau.They do sound wonderful. Play one for 15-30 minutes and they really warm up. Love the projection you get from these.
They got this wood combination from me :D

Probably!:)
Actually Ohana told me about 2 years ago but I couldn't say anything. Might have sent the Ukulele Mafia after me(Joke, Louis is one of the nicest people).
I have only seen these combos from smaller custom shops and maybe Ko'olau.They do sound wonderful. Play one for 15-30 minutes and they really warm up. Love the projection you get from these.

Mine is, in my opinion, perfect. And the smell...Port Orford cedar has a POWERFUL smell!

gee Mike, they look fab. Ohana sure do make great ukes don't they. Thanks for the pics mate...looking forward to the next batch

I made a mistake. It happens sometimes :) The red cedar it turns out is Redwood as in California. This line is in particular is chocked full of western US tonewoods. I just ran out of tenors but have a couple of more coming if anyone is on the look.

Ohana Port Orford Cedar/Myrtle . . . on the way! Better hurry:agree:

What does a tenor model run for? I see the soprano is $240 or so. I hope the tenor isn't too much more expensive.

Hmmm, the thing is Port Orford Cedar isn't actually a true cedar, it's a misnomer. I wonder...

sorry feel a real berk now...not hard for me in the uke world...still an interesting question about cedar in general though and more thoughts on the woods in this uke...Got two ohanas and love them?

Ohanas are great! I've played them before but am waiting to finally own one. And don't worry about it, wood names can be confusing. But I love the unusual combination if American woods here.

Top Bottom