Autumn Leaves - First day with the Uke

mikell128

Reaction score
So I got my first uke in the mail today. It's an Ohana SK-25Z that I got from elderly in a good deal. So I messed around a little today and then recorded this quickly. The video obviously wasn't pointed perfectly, I wanted to just get the whole uke but as I had to use my phone for video it wasn't very cooperative in staying in one place. But hey the music is what's important and you get to at least see how awesome the zebra wood looks!

This is a quick little version of autumn leaves. The audio was recorded separate from the video and the only effect I put on was some reverb. I didn't EQ because I wanted a more faithful representation of how this uke sounds. It's sloppy in some places but I really wanted to hear how it sounded recorded and plus I was too excited not to record something seeing as I got it today:D

Your FIRST uke! Clearly not your first stringed instrument. Well done. Sounds nice, looks pretty. Congratulations

Thanks! And nope not my first stringed instrument, currently my 7th :)

I love the look of it and learning a different instrument is always fun. This is a song I've done on guitar before but I love the sweetness factor that the uke adds to it. I'm starting to become addicted to this little guy

Out of curiosity, how did you sync the separately-recorded audio with the phone video?

I used windows movie maker and just moved it until it lined up. My phones audio was way off by itself so it was more just looking to line it up by watching the strumming. Movie maker is set up a little strange to layer audio over a video and isn't the most ideal program but it served its purpose

Very nice .... and I love the grain of that Zebra wood!! Maybe you can post a picture of the whole uke???

2011-10-21 17.30.09.jpg

I'll try to get some better ones tomorrow maybe but here's a picture of it on top of the gig bag it came with. I really like the look of it as well (obviously)

Top Bottom