My second ukulele build project

Gary Gill

Reaction score
This is my second complete ukulele build. It is a tenor strung with Aquila low G with G and C wound. The neck and body are mahogany. The finger board and bridge are rosewood. I used the zero fret and tower string guide. I have enjoyed building ukes with my Uncle Dave Gill and owe a debt of gratitude for his teaching and use of his shop.
Uke number two back.jpgUke number two front.jpgUke number two peghead.jpgUke number two side.jpg
Garys Mahogany Tenor-1 (1).jpg

Looks great!

Very nice. You should consider visiting the luthier's lounge on this forum.

It's not for Lutheirs only. I am not a luthier, and I am in there allot. In fact, most my stuff I post here gets moved into there, and I am only a hobbiest builder myself. Lots of great info in there to be had..

This is my second complete ukulele build. It is a tenor strung with Aquila low G with G and C wound. The neck and body are mahogany. The finger board and bridge are rosewood. I used the zero fret and tower string guide. I have enjoyed building ukes with my Uncle Dave Gill and owe a debt of gratitude for his teaching and use of his shop.
View attachment 28937View attachment 28938View attachment 28939View attachment 28940
View attachment 28941

Your uncle should be very proud of you! That uke looks great! I like the simple 'G' on the headplate.
Way to go Gary! Keep making them.

Looks great, Gary...your uncle had better watch out! I played a couple of his last summer - very nice! You have a good mentor!

Top Bottom