My last uke purchase for a while...DaSilva 3K

Doc_J

Reaction score
OK. This will be my last uke purchase for a long while, or until I sell at least a couple ukes.

But I couldn’t resist this one, it arrived today. DaSilva 3K soprano, excellent condition.

Here’s a sound sample with strings that are about 5 years old. It still sounds awesome!
http://www.box.net/shared/tzd6lkr6f8eppxp78t6i

A few pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Amazing sound! congrats!
its a mint condition - used uke? worth clear strings?

That is sweet. Congratulations in the great uke.

Amazing sound! congrats!
its a mint condition - used uke? worth clear strings?

It's in excellent condition. Some might call it near-mint. It has the original strings, which I understand were FC fishing line.
I'll be putting new strings on it tomorrow, Martin FC.

Was that the one from FMM? It's beautiful and sounds great!!

Yes, that's the one. The seller, Fred was great, too.

How long is a "while"?

Ginny, "How long is a while" that's a good question. :) Enjoy that new KTS-4.

Last edited:
wow Doc..gorgeous. when a "while" is over and you decide to sell that MM super sop you must let me know ;)

Was looking at that one too..wasn't sure of it's condition that questioned me to go any further...glad you got it...another UU member scores...Yeah..Happy Strummings..

Thanks folks. I am enjoying this uke.

Maybe you saw there were 2 of these DaSilva 3K ukes up for sale last week.
How unlikely was that?

Aaron Keim had listed another equally beautiful but a bit more 'used' for sale. This uke was in less worn condition, but Aaron's had more playing and performance mojo. It was tough choosing between those two. I'm guessing Aaron's sold also, as it is no longer listed at his site.

Beautiful Doc. It looks like a sibling to the one that Natalie picked up a while back.

Thanks folks. I am enjoying this uke.
Maybe you saw there were 2 of these DaSilva 3K ukes up for sale last week.
How unlikely was that?

I am glad you like it. DaSilva makes such wonderful 3K representations. I think the attention to detail is amazing.

Yeah, I couldn't believe there were 2 up for sale at the same time either. I wonder who got the other one. Yours sounds really nice. Please let us know what you think of the Martin strings on this uke.

Top Bottom