Merseyside new club help!!!!!

chipfoose

Reaction score
Hi all
I am from St.Helens merseyside uk anyone else ???
Wanna start a club/get together jammin george formby/uke music ? let me know
Gaz

Would join but not even got a Uke yet and never played one.

I'm in Warrington. I would be interested.

Hopefully you could teach me how to play like George Formby!

That last comment has completely lost me?

I can only assume you mean c gas if you are referring to hot rods?

Last edited:
I know Warrington is greater Manchester, is St Helens Merseyside or Greater Manchester? I know it's the rugby league part of the world. Isn't johnny Vagas from St Helens? He sounds more manc than scouse, that's the only reason I ask.

Not that I have anything against scouse land but, (and I know it sounds like a sterotype) the only time i've ever been to liverpool i had my car stereo swiped and my side window put through (just outside of anfield). It's the Only time I've had my car done and I live in Leith.

PS I wasn't visiting anfield I was dropping something off to someone who lives near by. I prefer the blue half if i had to pick.

Last edited:
Hey lads

thanks for response and hope we could get something going round here.

I am a newbie to ukulele myself and kind of and have been playing about 4 month on and off.

I own a 1912 uke banjo and just got a brand new banjolele made by vintage.

I love formby songs but will jam anyything . This week I been playin blue ridge mountains of virginia!!!! the old laurel and hardy song.

If any1 up for a club I need help as I am quite new 2

I know Warrington is greater Manchester, is St Helens Merseyside or Greater Manchester? I know it's the rugby league part of the world. Isn't johnny Vagas from St Helens? He sounds more manc than scouse, that's the only reason I ask.

Not that I have anything against scouse land but, (and I know it sounds like a sterotype) the only time i've ever been to liverpool i had my car stereo swiped and my side window put through (just outside of anfield). It's the Only time I've had my car done and I live in Leith.

PS I wasn't visiting anfield I was dropping something off to someone who lives near by. I prefer the blue half if i had to pick.

I do not actually live in Warrington itself, but near a village called Daresbury (where Lewis Caroll was born).

Just to clarify matters, Warrington is certainly not in Greater Manchester and is in Cheshire.

As for Liverpool, I know what you mean lol. My in laws live there and some areas are really really rough. I am a Derby lad (for our USA members, this is almost Robin Hood country) and certainly do not support either Liverpool or Everton. I am a Ram through and through (in Clough we trust).

Any advice on what type of uke I should be looking to buy anyone?

Just to clarify matters, Warrington is certainly not in Greater Manchester and is in Cheshire.

As for Liverpool, I know what you mean lol. My in laws live there and some areas are really really rough. I am a Derby lad (for our USA members, this is almost Robin Hood country) and certainly do not support either Liverpool or Everton. I am a Ram through and through (in Clough we trust).

Any advice on what type of uke I should be looking to buy anyone?

So Warrington is Cheshire. I always presumed it was greater manchester because it's just down the road from trafford and the like.
I Used to go to the Ikea there.
As for derby, i thought they were sacking clough off?

As a starter uke that you think you'll take seriously and not throw away after a day, I'd go for a Kala (brand), it's very hard to go wrong with them. Great wee things for the money.

so is any1 interested in a merseyside cheshire/meeting were we could jam a couple of songs each week and learn from each other? I have to say though I am george formby orienated as i have 2 banjoleles but i am up for other stuff

Interest!!

Hi all
I am from St.Helens merseyside uk anyone else ???
Wanna start a club/get together jammin george formby/uke music ? let me know
Gaz

Hi!! My mates just joined a club on the Wirral and I'm thinking it could be fun!!!! Can you contact me please? Email or Mobile!! 0759973987
Regards, Steve

Top Bottom