New Uke Day in Costa Rica!

costaricadave

Reaction score
Thanks to UU member Zac987 I got my new Mainland Mahogany Slot head Tenor today!! What a difference from the Lanikai T21 I have been playing. I was a little worried when I saw some recent post about bad finish on some Mainlands. NOT THIS ONE! She is beautiful! Sounds really good. I am super stoked on it! Thanks again to Zac for passing it along to me. I don't think I could have waited until after Christmas. On another note...Went for a surf this afternoon and sold my Lanikai to a friend while walking home from the beach. Good Uke day.

Congratulations. Love at first sight with your new ukulele---a great feeling. Have a blast with your Mainland!

Sounds like you've got yourself an awesome uke there! Happy uke day!

Since you're in Costa Rica, You ought to go the GWW/Ameritage factory and see if you can buy a case at a reduced price. Mine is the best case I've ever seen.

Some Pics

Here is a few pics of the Mainland.

Attachments

• mainland1.jpg
    mainland1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 29
  • mainland2.jpg
    mainland2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 24
  • mainland3.jpg
    mainland3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 25
Shiny! I'll be in Costa Rica in January to celebrate my birthday. Hmm- maybe one of these cases that have been mentioned will be my souvenir.

@Kristi G Where are you going to be down here? I am the Capt of a sportfishing boat out of Los Suenos. Come by and see me. Maybe I can get you out fishing one day while you're here.
@v30 The slot heads are the "simply beautiful" editions. No rope binding on the slot heads.

@Kristi G Where are you going to be down here? I am the Capt of a sportfishing boat out of Los Suenos. Come by and see me. Maybe I can get you out fishing one day while you're here.
@v30 The slot heads are the "simply beautiful" editions. No rope binding on the slot heads.

Wow sounds like you have the dream job:) Congrats on the new uke. Looks very nice.

We will be in three locations - first the Tarabon Hot Springs, then the Cloud Forest and we'll end up with 3 days near Quepos by the national park in that area. I guess our last destination isn't that far from where you are, but we won't have our own transportation.

Cool. You will have a great time. Arenal Volcano is awesome and Manuel Antonia park is fun. You will be driving right by me. Are you doing a tour with a group?

No, just my husband and I. However, a travel agent he knows has arranged our local travel through an ecotourism company who specializes in Central American travel. We'll have private or semi-private transportation between our three destinations and the airport in San Jose. They also make the arrangements for organized activities of our choice. We won't have to think very much!

Cograts on the new uke costaricadave. Fishing and ukuleles, two of my oldest son's favorite things. Do you have special rates for fellow uke playes?

first the Tarabon Hot Springs
Krisit G. - I think you mean "Tobacon hot springs", they are not to be missed. We stayed at a pension in town that was a small fraction of the cost of staying at the resort and got an evening pass to use the hot springs and facilities. Great way to relax after hiking on the volcano and exploring the nearby waterfall. If you go for the mud bath at the resort, beware of locals offering to spread the mud on you, they DON'T work for the resort, funny story if you want to hear it ;).

Tabecon Hot Springs are really nice. There are a bunch of really nice places to stay in that area. Last time we went we stayed at a place called Los Lagos. It was really nice.
KristiG I will send you my contact info maybe you guys can stop off in Jaco on the way to Quepos.
Lancemanion....I run a private boat but if you get down this way I can do my best to get you out fishing. My boss is really cool and we fish a 4 or 5 days a week.

Yeah, I knew I had that wrong, but was too lazy to look it up. We're actually staying at the resort - this is a very special birthday trip (milestone birthday) so we're going pretty high end with our accommodations. We don't normally splurge like that so it will be quite an experience for us.

Top Bottom