owner of mainland ukes on this site?

ejnovinsky

Reaction score
I see alot of different reps from companies on this site, does anyone know if there is someone from mainland on here? Considering ordering one of their mango sopranos, but want to ask if theyd be willing to set it up left handed for me. Obviously I could probably email them from the mainland site, but it seems like it would easier to talk to someone direct here...on a side note anyone have one of these ukuleles that can give me some feedback on it?...read some favorable reviews, love the looks, and the price is right around what Im looking to spend....

Hi
Mike from Mainland is a member here but it would be best to contact him @ Mainland to get your request in.
The mango is a wonderful tone wood and is beautiful as well. We have carried all the Mainlands and they are great instruments and offer a great value.
You'll get to choose your tuners too.

Hello, we are lucky to have Mr.Mainland himself here. His name on UU is Hosierhiver. I am a lefty myself and find that uke companies have a definate lack in this department. But, I am sure you can work it out with him.

I'm not a lefty, but I own two Mainland sopranos (one standard mahogany and one red cedar pineapple), and just got a banjo-uke from them. I would imagine that Mike would be happy to set one up as a lefty for you. Mainland's customer service is really great. The one time I tried to contact him with a PM through UU, his inbox was full. It's probably much better to email him or just call him (the number is on their website).

Thanks for the info all, Ill drop them an email monday morning.......not looking to get a custom built lefty, or anything, but I figure if they are going to do a setup anyway they wouldnt have an issue stringing it lefty and doing the setup that way for me....(if it would make a difference setup-wise I have no idea). I dont know why but Ive been strangely drawn to the mango since I visited their site, and I like the tuner options, finish options, cool binding..etc..Coriandre, love meeting other backwards people such as myself.....there should be a lefty group on this site (or is there one?). If not we ought to start one....again thanks for info, maybe the guy will see this post and chime in....but Ill send em an email..

A lefty setup would involve a different nut since the string are reversed. A lefty group is an excellent idea. I'll search if it exist and, if not, we should certainly make one.

hoosierhiver is Mike from Mainland Ukes. See his current Ukulele World Congress UWC thread "regional gatherings" heading.

I found a lefty group and joined. It is inactive though. Just look at my profile to find the group and join. Calling all lefties to do the same !

Top Bottom