Aquila Strings

ICMB

Reaction score
the strings came with my new (first) uke and sound quite distinct like more acoustic im not sure how to describe it but my friends sound more dull? not dull but more relaxed and im not sure how I feel about these strings but does anyone else have this or is it new to me?

and my uke is a local uke from where i live no big company just somthing local for around 85 usd.
edit:

are they meant to sound much brighter and louder?

Last edited:
I mean are they meant to sound more high pitched?

they do sound louder but just different from what my friends sound like. I meant that they resonate much and sound brighter

Much of the time, especially with laminated ukes, they will sound much louder and brighter than other strings. That was certainly true of an Oscar Schmidt OU5 I bought several years ago...it didn't come with Aqilas and it sounded quiet and "dead" sounding. I installed Aquilas and it sounded like a new instrument...Still not the loudest uke, but resonates nicely, sweet sound.

So, if you want a bright sound, compared to your friends' ukes, then stick with the Aquilas. If you like a more mellow sound, then perhaps other strings are in order.

Top Bottom