New (Vintage) Uke Day!

R

RyanMFT

Hey UU friends, just want to share what I just got from my wife for my upcoming 40th birthday. It's a 1930's Gibson style 1! I feel really lucky as I had never even held a Gibson before this one arrived. Such a great uke. As compared to my Martin and Favilla this one is very much in that league. It came with an original case and seems like perhaps it has never been played.

Mahogany front sides and back
Ebony fretboard and saddle

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

a gorgeous uke to add to a wonderful collection. Congratulations Ryan. :)

Aloha Ryan,
Awesome bruddah....looks refurbished and in mint condition..gee you know how to pick them eh.. what a score..Your wife will be soo thrilled...and happy... good job bruddah..

Thank you all for your kind words.....I'm really happy with it. I started with Martin M600 Fluro's and didn't like them on it. I put Aquila's on it and it really came alive!

Aloha Ryan,
Awesome bruddah....looks refurbished and in mint condition..gee you know how to pick them eh.. what a score..Your wife will be soo thrilled...and happy... good job bruddah..

So glad you are around Stan! I just cleaned it up and put strings on it.....finish is original!

Congrats on your birthday and a beautiful gift! What a wonderfully supportive and thoughtful spouse you must have.

Thank you all for your kind words.....I'm really happy with it. I started with Martin M600 Fluro's and didn't like them on it. I put Aquila's on it and it really came alive!

So glad you are around Stan! I just cleaned it up and put strings on it.....finish is original!
Aloha Ryan,
I thought it was too good of a condition for it to be original...clearly I was wrong..what a score,,,,have fun and enjoy, happy strummings..

Top Bottom