Eleuke!

SinisterDom

Reaction score
This thing really is awesome! I like how you can distort the sound and make it sound like whatever you want with effects.

I just thought I would show a few pics

2ecj5o6.jpg

Size comparison with an Orange Crush 10
2ex6dg8.jpg

It has a really awesome Tree of Life inlay too. Thanks MGM!

That's very cool, I love these things! I've limited my UAS to four ukes, I've got two already and one of these will definitely be one of the others.

I totally recommend it! When unplugged it's just loud enough to hear without disturbing people, and when plugged in you can make it sound like just about anything (with effects). I'll really have some fun with my pedals once I get another patch cable.

I was going to make a thread about this.

I've been looking trying to find a tenor one, but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Is the difference between them just the woods? Because I don't know anything about electronics... I was wondering if all the electronics were the same.

I've been looking trying to find a tenor one, but I can't find anywhere that sells them. Is the difference between them just the woods? Because I don't know anything about electronics... I was wondering if all the electronics were the same.

Only difference is some models have passive pickups like mine, which mean's no batteries or control knobs, and some have active.

MGM has 'em a lot of the time, but it's a Japanese import, so noone seems to have 'em all the time.

I really like having the earplugs on mine-- it's a tenor, btw, from MGM-- ran about 260, 270?

Just something I noticed,

On the back of the Uke, that black cover that houses the electronics is covered in a plasticy thing. It looks a lot better once you peel that off. With it on it looks like there is white stuff around the screws

So the passive is just basically that it has knobs that you wouldn't have to reach down to your amp for?

Passive is a little different sounding. With active pickups you get the knobs and some Tonal variety. A lot of people say if the pickup is passive you need a pre amp...I disagree.

Do you mind if I asked how much it was? It's definitely something I'll look into. If you ever put anything on youtube using that let me know, I'd love to hear it.

It was $200. MGM had free shipping too.

I will probably upload a video either late tonight or tomorrow evening. It really does sound awesome, when you add some distortion. It has a wonderful clean sound too. It really pulled me out of the uke slump. I'm learning tons of rock riffs and they sound SWEET!

A pre-amp is just an amp that goes before another amp to give you more control on sound processing and volume.

It doesn't necessarily refine the sound. It could make it worse depending on the settings.

I had an amp before when I was taking guitar lessons (I took only a few) and I just plugged it, I don't have that amp anymore. So what are some good amps for not too much cash? around $150?

I had an amp before when I was taking guitar lessons (I took only a few) and I just plugged it, I don't have that amp anymore. So what are some good amps for not too much cash? around $150?

Hmm.

I have played a few practice amps around that range.

The Orange Crush 10, 20, or 30 is excellent and is what I use.
I also like the 10 Watt Marshall amp. But all in all my favorite and the one I'm buying next is the Roland Microcube.

All sound different, but each has a good, easy to use interface, and good sound quality. You would really be surprised what a 10 watt amp can pump out.

Top Bottom