Hardcase for first uke / protecting your uke

zacht

Reaction score
As I try to take good care of my precious belongings I ordered a (cheap) Mahalo hard case for my Makala Dolphin. The price was about the same as the uke ;)

case2.jpg

case1.jpg

I must say it gives me a good feeling to be able to protect my uke when not playing it. It's a very snuggly fit, as the Dolphin seems to be a bit wider than other sopranos, but it fits.

Out of curiosity, would people here onsidere this overkill (I must say, I don't consider it overkill)?
How do you people protect your ukes?

Last edited:
Not overkill. I never got a case for my first ukulele---just carried it around in my backpack. It's now badly broken. (Imagine a backpack filled with math textbooks, notes, and a sweet ukulele falling off a bar to the floor. Ouch.)

With your Dolphin safe and sound in its case, you'll be able to enjoy that uke for years and years. Good move.

You are wise protecting the Dolphin. The paint can be easily chipped. You can always use that case for another uke in the future too. My Dolphins have to live in the box they arrived in for protection. If you are happy with the Dolphin, the case will preserve it for many happy years, saving you money in the long run.

–Lori

:agree: Never too soon to start a good habit.

Who knows, maybe in 20 years the Dolphin ukes may be as sought after as the old Martins are today?

Seems very unlikely to me. On the other hand, I have no idea how many Dolphins were/are made, and as the paint comes of rather easily my cased Dolphin might become a rare collectorsitem.;)

Not overkill at all I love a nice case. Paid almost $200 for my Ameritage case for my pineapple Sunday.

Top Bottom